Wayne Wood burn injury expenses

On September 22, 2014 in Hopkinsville, KY -  Our good friend Wayne Wood was working on a lawn mower when a spark ignited fumes from spilled gas.  He tried to put the fire out but it spread to his clothes and severely burned him. Wayne was flown from the scene by helicopter to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN.  The doctors indicated he had 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 35% of his body - much of it concentrated on the back of his legs, torso and arms.  Wayne had his first surgery on 9/26.  He will likely have many more such procedures and months of rehabilitation.  Nashville is more than an hour drive from Hopkinsville so Wayne's wife Linda is paying for hotel rooms most nights which are expensive in the Vanderbilt area.  These funds are being raised to help Wayne and Linda with travel expenses, hotel and food expenses, medical insurance deductibles, lost wages for both of them and other expenses - some of which may continue for as much as six months.

Donations

 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 77 mos
  • Ronnie & Brenda West 
    • $300 
    • 78 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 79 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 79 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 79 mos
See all

Organizer

David Smith 
Organizer
Hopkinsville, KY
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more