The What and the Why
Hello, my name is Wayne C. Robinson, and I am raising the funds to develop the Pilot Project and business model that will help more Black people to become successful entrepreneurs as soon as possible.
Because more than 90% of venture capital (VC) funding for startups goes to white males (Billington 2021 ).
This campaign will accomplish three objectives;
1. Provide an opportunity for more Black people to become entrepreneurs with low startup capital and ongoing operating costs.
2. Understand and embrace success strategies that have catapulted small businesses to become FORTUNE 500 companies.
3. Share and promote those same success strategies to Black communities community with a human potential training system.
I am requesting for your support to make this dream become a reality.
A recent Forbes article reported that nearly HALF OF BLACK-OWNED SMALL BUSINESSES in the U.S. had to close their doors because of the impact COVID-19 had on this community. Most of these businesses did not receive the U.S. Government’s Paycheck Protection Program support that they were expecting (Costa 2020 ).
According to a Morgan Stanley report entitled “The Growing Market Investors Are Missing,” VC investors are not interested in providing additional funding to women and minority-owned businesses, OTHER THAN THE 2% THEY ARE CURRENTLY RECEIVING. They indicated that it was not their priority.
Surprisingly, the report also states that a study by the U.S. Census Bureau calculated investors are missing out on $4.4 trillion simply because they do not fund more women and minority businesses (Stanley 2018 ).
For ten years, I have been working on a solution that will provide BUSINESS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES for women and minorities. Before I explain this groundbreaking project, I’ll share with you why I am so PASSIONATE about the plight of women and minorities in the U.S. and why I believe in this opportunity, even during these challenging times.
Who Is Wayne C. Robinson?
· U.S. Army brat
· 66-year-old U.S. citizen
· U.S. Navy honorably discharged veteran
· Self-improvement book author
· Author of THE AFRICAN AMERICAN TRAVEL GUIDE
· Featured on CNN, Fox News, Ebony, Essence and Black Enterprise magazines
· Documentary film producer
· Inspirational speaker and certified trainer
· Former Director of Sales and Marketing at a 5-star resort in Negril, Jamaica
As a former Army brat and a U.S. Navy honorably discharged veteran, I used my people and administrative skills to make a living until I turned 40 years old. I realized I had nothing to show for my life aside from four years of college courses at four different colleges and universities.
In 1994, I asked myself a simple question that pivoted my life in a new direction. What do you want to do with the rest of your life?
The answer was simple: I loved to travel, and I genuinely loved people. From then on, I set goals and accomplished everything I wanted to do with travel and people, including working as a corporate flight attendant on private jets for Fortune 500 companies and affluent clientele.
Next, I became a sales rep for the vacation club industry. I had to learn quickly how to become a successful salesperson because my income was based on 100% commissions with no salary. I became quite successful by changing the way I was thinking and learning success principles and effective sales strategies. It didn't take long before I became one of the top sales reps in the region.
During the 2008 stock market crash, I was selling vacation club memberships in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and the tourism industry came to a sudden halt. Now, what am I going to do, I asked myself? It didn't take long for me to realize what my next move would be.
Observing the challenges that minorities have been facing, the current narrative is to place the blame on others. Regardless of the causes, individuals can take control of their lives by adopting the strategies that have built the $57 billion self-improvement market which has not permeated into these communities. That mindset is, "Regardless of the challenges that are placed before me, somehow someway I will reach my goal."
Thus, the INSPIRE brand was created. Our motto: A New Consciousness For Achievements.
Our First Project
INSPIRE: THE DREAMS LIVE ON documentary was selected for the 2021 The Capital City Black Film Festival in Austin, Texas.
The Evidence is Clear
Watch this EMPOWERING TedX Talk by Maggie Anderson who, in partnership with Northwestern University Kellogg Graduate School of Management Levy Entrepreneurship Center, conducted a study called The Empowerment Experiment.
"The study sought to prove that supporting Black businesses does in fact lead to improved quality of life in underserved Black communities while measuring the economic impact of self -help economics consciousness consumerism." - The Empowerment Experiment Foundation
The Entrepreneurship Opportunity (Find a need and fill it)
· Only 2% of women and minorities who start a business receive investor funding
· The U.S. Census Bureau calculated investors are missing out on $4.4 trillion because they refuse to fund more women and minority businesses
· 95% of network marketing distributors who expect to generate an income to become financially independent drop out within five years
· The COVID-19 pandemic has destroyed more than 400,000 Black-owned small businesses as of July 2021, and they will not receive the funding needed to remain afloat. This scenario is identical to the June 1, 1921 Tulsa, Oklahoma riots where Black owned businesses, coined Black Wall Street, and families were completely destroyed. Here we are again ALMOST 100 YEARS LATER - TO THE DAY.
WATCH - What Really Happened to Black Wall Street?
We cannot allow this to happen again, and is why we need to build Better, Smarter, and Stronger.
Build Better, Smarter and Stronger
INSPIRE THE DREAMS, Inc. has created a product line and named it THE TANDEM METHODS, which is the essence of working in teams. Our motto is Better. Smarter. Stronger. Our minimal viable product (MVP) is THE TANDEM METHODS Human Potential Training, a self improvement environment designed to build a stronger foundation for economic empowerment by first changing the way we think and doing things "differently."
THE TANDEM METHODS Human Potential Training specifically targets minorities between the ages of 18 - 49 who desire to reach their full potential. All communities, of course, are welcome to participate.
The training program features a 12-week (4 hours per week) interactive online live deliberate practice curriculum that includes:
· Inspiring classroom facilitators who help participants develop a success mindset and reminds them of their genius abilities
· Fun and challenging team activities for deliberate learning from and with each other
· Thought-provoking homework assignments to begin the process of "thinking and doing things differently."
· Weekly mastermind meetings to develop strategies to reach goals
· Personal transformation coach who helps overcome individual challenges
· Subscription to a digital library with inspiring films, interviews with successful people, documentaries, ability to audit classroom modules, and additional personal development teachings
THE TANDEM METHODS Entrepreneurship Business Opportunity
Entrepreneurs will facilitate THE TANDEM METHODS Human Potential Trainings
Features and Benefits:
· Affordable startup costs
· No long term debt
· Online business platform
· Low operating costs (no inventory, no office rental)
· Above average profit margin
· Group and personal business development training and coaching
· Can work from anywhere in the world with a PC or laptop
· Global business opportunity not dependent on local economy
· Option to build any business structure (Single, family, partnerships, organizational entrepreneurs)
· Application process depends on integrity and willingness to succeed
· A 10-year licensing agreement
One component of THE TANDEM METHODS Human Potential Training includes a personal transformation coach for each participant. THE TANDEM METHODS is building a network of professional personal development coaches to mentor participants. Here are just a few that were featured in the film, THE DREAMS LIVE ON .
If entrepreneurs prefer to hire facilitators, THE TANDEM METHODS corporate trainers will certify candidates to become classroom facilitators who will earn a competitive wage.
How the Funds Will Be Used
· Pay for legal services for the business structure, licensing agreement, legal protections, insurance, etc.
· Work with an incubator program.
· (SG&A) Sales, General and Administrative Expenses
From Awareness To Reality
Government, corporate, social organizations, investment groups and the news media have been increasing awareness of the disparities described earlier. However, awareness is only one component to become a reality for the thousands of women and minorities who desire to build a better life for themselves and their children.
We, at THE TANDEM METHODS, will solicit the support of regional community centers, business organizations (i.e. National Black MBA, National Black Chambers of Commerce ) educational institutions, religious organizations, social organizations (i.e. NAACP, National Urban league), minority speaker networks, and promote the entrepreneurship opportunity and THE TANDEM METHODS Human Potential Training to local and national media organizations.
How Soon I Need the Money
We are already in a global crisis where Black businesses are concerned and the sooner we can raise the money, the sooner we can start creating wealth in our community by empowering, impacting more Black people to realize their dreams through their businesses.
I’d like to begin conducting the pilot program as soon as possible. My goal is to get results in our pilot program and develop a team quickly so that we can begin training new entrepreneurs by March 31st, 2022.
What This Support Will Mean to Undeserved Women and Minority Communities
· This support will become a catalyst to help level the playing field for women and minorities by creating the infrastructure that helps build wealth for these communities and to better prepare for disruptions to their businesses and their lives by a poor economy or racial injustices. Better. Smarter. Stronger.
· This support will help provide much-needed employment.
· This support will become the catalyst to implement self-improvement methodologies in minority communities, educational institutions and government programs that target this audience.
· This support will create an opportunity to utilize training and education as effective tools to build self-esteem and self-confidence in minority communities. Because of its online platform, we can reach anyone with a mobile device, laptop, tablet, or PC.
What This Support Will Mean To Me
On July 11, 2021, billionaire Sir Richard Branson and his crew accomplished what he had dreamed of since his childhood, venturing into space. After several attempts and setbacks, his Virgin Galactic shot into space and became his reality.
On July 20, 2021, Billionaire Jeff Bezos and his Blue Origin crew shot into space. His congratulatory remarks were... “I want to thank every Amazon employee, and every Amazon customer because you guys paid for all this." The first thought that came to my mind was , "That money should have been spent supporting underserved communities who helped build Amazon to what it is, today."
Although I might not agree with how these men spend their money, they reached their dreams and accomplished feats that they had imagined.
Shouldn't undeserved women and minorities have the same chance to reach their dreams as well, or is this merely a topic that will be discussed over another sixty years?
"Jump off a cliff and build your wings on the way down." -Ray Bradbury
THE TANDEM METHODS is the beginning of "jumping off a cliff" and figuring out what to do at every iteration. I may not have all the answers, but with your support (financial, business, networking, social media), this is the start of "building our wings on the way down." Together, we will make this happen.
I have been dreaming about this opportunity since 2009, when the stock market affected my sales career. My dream was to share proven success strategies and principles with people of African descent and other minorities who are struggling to make ends meet and are willing to do what it takes to change their lives.
When this becomes a reality, just like Sir. Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic flight, and Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin, I will be eternally grateful.
It all begins with your support, now. Let's start this campaign the right way as we celebrate National Black Business Month .
Wayne C. Robinson,
INSPIRE THE DREAMS, LLC 6147999. a Delaware Limited Liability Company
P.S. All donors will receive weekly updates on our activities once we arrive in the San Francisco Bay area.
Character References for Wayne C. Robinson
Sherry Ransom Personal Transformation Specialist
Billington, F. (2021, January 21). The Vast Majority of Venture Dollars Go to White Male Founders , Report Finds. dot.la. https://dot.la/venture-capital-2650047652.html
Costa, P. N. (2020, August 10). The COVID 19 crisis has wiped out nearly half of Black small businesses . FORBES. https://www.forbes.com/sites/pedrodacosta/2020/08/10/the-covid-19-crisis-has-wiped-out-nearly-half-of-black-small-businesses/
Lilyquist, M. (2021, March 24). The Likelihood of MLM Success Success Rates Failure Rates and Tips for MLM Businesses . The Balance Small Business. https://www.thebalancesmb.com/the-likelihood-of-mlm-success-1794500
Robinson, W. C. (Director). (2020). THE DREAMS LIVE ON The Secret Is Out [Documentary].
Stanley, M. (2018). The Growing Market Investors Are Missing Morgan Stanley . https://www.morganstanley.com/pub/content/dam/msdotcom/mcil/growing-market-investors-are-missing.pdf
- Wayne C. Robinson
- Wayne Robinson
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more