Support Vote Ultraviolet in our efforts in Wisconsin for the 2020 General Election! We will be on the ground in Wisconsin now through Election Day. In order to make Vote Ultraviolet a success, we need your support!
Vote Ultraviolet is a grassroots movement with a single intention: to light up America's democracy. We are a growing collective of individuals with the understanding that a brighter future for tomorrow can only follow unified, people-driven civic engagement today.
Vote Ultraviolet recognizes that community-wide voter turnout lays the foundation for a strong, diverse democracy. Paradoxically, we also recognize that the process by which individuals are expected to exercise their fundamental right to vote has not been optimized for turnout - it is challenging, confusing, and unintuitive. We, on the other hand, believe it should be easy, seamless, and simply make sense, especially for someone who has never voted before.
Vote Ultraviolet is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from having their voice heard in public matters that concern us all. We invoke human-centered design throughout the voting experience with the ultimate goal of empowering underrepresented communities to represent themselves in our shared democracy. Today, on the heels of America’s most momentous election in modern history, we are doing this in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where turnout was at a historic low in 2016.
What are we doing in Wisconsin right now?
- Building open-source, shareable educational materials providing digestible information on how to register, vote in-person, and vote by-mail
- Creating volunteer opportunities for people in their communities to share this information with each other
- Promoting ways for community leaders to activate their networks through tools that enhance peer-to-peer relational organizing for voter turnout
- Partnering with local organizations to promote poll worker and poll observer recruitment to address man-power shortages at the polls this election year
- Fundraising to cover the costs associated with being a voter: we fully cover the price of rides to and from the polls, stamps for mailing in forms, and the costs of printing voter registration materials
- Developing a tool for Vote Ultraviolet to measure its real-time impact in communities and adapt to changing circumstances while on-the-ground
After Milwaukee, we will be taking our learnings, and applying them to local, state, and national elections in the months and years ahead. We believe that the future of red, white, and blue is ultraviolet - when the barriers are removed, and our colors allowed to blend, our nation can finally glow ultraviolet bright.
Your donation will fund the following:
- printed materials to be distributed in Wisconsin
- PPE to protect volunteers from COVID-19 in Wisconsin
- website domain, hosting service
- transit for Wisconsin voters
- stamps for voting materials
Any excess funds will be donated to Bloc by Bloc , which aims to:
1) Invest in our community and engage citizens to build long-term political power.
2) Through coordinated political action ensure a high quality of life and access to economic opportunity for members of the Black community in Milwaukee and throughout Wisconsin.
3) Empower Black leaders with the tools, training, and resources needed to organize and guarantee that their issues, concerns, and values are represented at all levels of government.
- Sean McGregor
- Mia Babson
- ranelle kain
- Kendal Texeira
- Amy Rodriguez
Fundraising team: Vote Ultraviolet (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more