So I have started this GoFundMe page reluctantly as I don't like asking for funding for personal projects.
However, I was informed that this is of potential benefit to other amateurs across VK as a beacon site and due to the enormous amount of personal cost it's taken to get this up and running, I'd be super appreciative of any donation toward this project.
About this project:
- VK7HH/P is located just west of Hobart. This location has been proven last summer to be an excellent location for VHF propagation probing. The station ran an FT857 radio via "Remote Rig" and 90% of the time was running as a WSPR beacon on 2 metres. Some achievements last summer were:
- Decode by VK6DZ over 2660km away via Tropo
- SSB contact to VK4 and ZL on Sporadic E
- Regular voice contacts to VK2, 3, 5 and 7 via tropo
- Probing unusual high level ducts not predicted with Hepburn between VK7 and VK2.
This station has proved to be a reliable propagation beacon using WSPR.
This summer upgrades are occuring, which include:
- Adding 70cm and 23cm capability
- Adding a rotator + remote control
- Upgraded remote switching
- Add AIS and ADS-B tracking capability to look for propagation on 2m and 23cmhttps://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/stations/4274/
Basically any donations would go toward the continued operation of this station and toward the upgrades that are occurring.
I thank anyone who uses this station for probing propagation paths. I really hope we can work you this summer and maybe even break some VHF and above DX records!