(Please Note: Australians friends, if you want to give can you please contact me to transfer into our australian account so we can do a bulk international transfer, way cheaper. Thank you.)
Before I share her story, I wanted to say that we have been super impressed by this mom: She works really hard at her low paying job, is trying to study, has never used drugs or addictions to escape, keeps getting knocked down but pushes on, loves her kids, seems to be a good parent and really wants them all home, she really is phenomenal considering.
We really feel she just needs a boost to reach the next step in getting them home together again... I can't imagine the pain of all this.
You can donate off-line by contacting us directly, this is better actually, but either way is totally better than nothing.
Specifically she needs child care for the one child she has at home whilst she attends evening classes; a new used car as her has since broken down and is borrowing ours occasionally; and a 2-3 bedroom house in our city that we can easily fix up for her and the 3 kids.
$56,000 should cover it.
Her story is one of tragedy, abuse, abandonment, violence and now endless struggling.
Here is her story in brief point form.
- Drug addicted parents.
- She was in and out of foster care as a child herself.
- Abused by those foster parents.
- Parents died when still young from drug overdose/sucicide.
- She was adopted and moved to the other side of the US.
- Abused by adoptive parent and ran away.
- Went back into foster care.
- Aged out of foster care.
- Long term relationship with a man 20 years older when young.
- Had 3 children by the age of 22 to that man.
- The children's father started beating her, he was verbally & physically abusive
- When aged 24, his final act of violence left her with a bleeding hand done with a knife and he also strangled her til she passed out in front of her kids who stood over her screaming thinking she was dead.
- She was sent to prison for a month after child's father claimed she drove over his foot with the car, even though no medical evidence was shown and no proof (hopeless court appointed lawyer).
- Children were put into foster care, devastating for her as you could imagine. She has been trying to get them home for almost 18 months.
- All 3 children have a range of issues from the trauma and other things.
- We found mom a job, thankfully better than minimum wage but still only $9.00hr. Mom works full time. She is trying to start up her own business as well.
-Social services WILL separate and adopt out her other two children if she can't improve her situation, which just seeems soo wrong and unfair cause she is trying so hard.
Sorry I can't give any more details or photos, I hope that is ok. You can contact me in person if you have a question.
This is a picture of us below (to show we are real people). Initially we fostered her son for 5 months and now foster her daughter (she has been with us 6 months). Sorry we can't give more detail, trust me when I say the details just get worse.
I also want to share that we have a strong Christian faith and are followers of Jesus, we feel compelled by our faith in Him to love and help where we can. (we also know the world is full of opportunites to give, so we hope this encourages to give to something, even if not this. Also, we just can't stand back and watch this happen, its too close to home and heart breaking, we gotta try something)
Thanks for your interest and taking time to read this. Please feel free to contact us directly if you live local and want to help us raise this help.
Thank you, Pete and leila.
DonationsSee top donations
- grandougie nelson
- grandougie nelson
- grandougie nelson
- Thanks mum
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more