Then, on December 2nd at about 4 o'clock in the morning, the house she and her fiance were renting caught on fire due to faulty propane wiring. The Fire Marshal said they were very lucky to have gotten out as unscathed as they were. This was the latest and worst of the issues they were having with the house they were renting, and due to Valerie's condition and the extensive costs of proper cleaning that the landlord would not incur, they were forced to break their lease, and are in the process of finding a place to live. This is compounded by the fact that Daniel, Val's fiance, left the Navy after ten years of service at the beginning of September, and Valerie was going to be their primary source of income while he applied to college.
Needless to say, this has been an incredibly stressful and expensive process, as they are currently staying in a hotel with their dog. They have a place to stay temporarily starting on December 26th, but we are working to find safe and relatively stress free place for them to stay until then. We would like to keep them in their current hotel, as we know it is safe for Val's health and near where she is receiving chemo at Yale New Haven.
Anything you can donate would be greatly appreciated! A very generous anonymous donor has put them up at their current hotel through the 12th, so we only have to make up about two weeks.
Due to Valerie's health, it is very important to keep her environment as safe and stress-free as possible. This has already been a great ordeal, and having security about where they will stay would be a great weight off her shoulders.
- Sydney Amigo
- Sarah Martz
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more