Please help stormy live with MG and ME

Hi my name is Stormy. I was recently diagnosed with Myesthenia Gravis with Megaesophagus. I can live a full and happy life with proper treatment but to get there I had to have a short stay in the animal hospital to start my care because I was so dehydrated and showing early signs of aspirated pneumonia. If it weren’t for the persistence and love from my moms I may not have even ended up with a diagnosis or worse, survived. I’m a happy go lucky and silly 5 year old pittie mix who hasn’t always had it easy. Before I was adopted by my loving moms, I was chained to a tree and was not well cared for. I was taken from my original home and treated for Lymes disease and a pretty bad case of mange and ear infections along with sores on my paws. I was adopted at the age of 2 by the most wonderful couple who have shown me so much love. I’ve learned how to show love and be loved and was taught how to be a good pup by my older sister, Indy. My moms love me so much they are willing to do anything to make sure I’m happy and healthy. My moms need help though to keep me going. Here’s how it all went down. My moms went out of town for the day on a Saturday and had brought me to doggy daycare, which I love because I get to run around and play all day. Later that afternoon one of the girls noticed I was walking funny. They called my moms immediately. They hurried back to town and scooped me up to bring me home. The next morning nothing had changed in my condition so the brought me to the animal hospital where they unfortunately were not able to give me a definitive diagnosis other than some slight hip dysplasia and possibly something going on in the LS joints. It was thought to be odd because I didn’t appear to be any pain but my hind legs just would not work or do what I wanted them to. They gave some meds and said if there is still no improvement in 48 hours that I should have a follow-up. This time they brought me to my regular vet seeing as I like her so much and she knew my medical history. She changed up the meds and sent me on my way again not offering up anything solid for diagnosis either. I declined quickly after that. I started to regurgitate my food and became even more lethargic. So mom brought me back to the animal hospital and because she couldn’t be with me, sat outside in her car for 12 hours. The first animal hospital took the xrays and determined what I was experiencing looked like Myasthenia Gravis (MG) with Megaesophogus (ME). The vet referred me to a larger hospital that would be able to better care for me. I’m currently on a feeding tube, GI tube and IV. They started to treat my pneumonia and have started the meds for MG. When I get home I will need a special chair for eating that will help me stay upright so that the food will go down. I will also likely need daily meds for the rest of my life. And my moms have already bought me a special harness to help me walk beside them to go potty. It won’t be cheap but moms love me so much they couldn’t bare the idea of giving up regardless of the challenges ahead. Please help me finish out my life as it should be. My moms, my sister and myself would be forever grateful for anything you are able to with. Here is a quick link talking about my condition.


 See top
  • Nicole Coopman 
    • $100 
    • 1 mo
  • Matthew Huguet 
    • $25 
    • 1 mo
  • Lucinda Schersing 
    • $10 
    • 1 mo
  • Eric Kuntz 
    • $25 
    • 1 mo
  • Brigette Torres 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Emily Martin 
Sobieski, WI
Christine Martin 

  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more