Family of 7 lost everything in fire

28815310_15227002510_r.jpegWhile my sister was getting ready to give her kids their Easter baskets on Sunday morning she hears her 4 year old son say “owie”. He was showing her his burn on his chest she hears the fire alarm and looks behind her to see every parents worst nightmare. Her son had gotten ahold of the lighter that was lost the night before and within minutes his mattress was in flames. As she tried to get the fire extinguisher pin out the house was filled with black smoke. She stopped trying to put the fire out so she could get everyone out. They were able to get everyone out safely and her boyfriend had to be transported to the hospital temporarily for smoke inhalation. We are so fortunate that they are all ok but we are asking for help since they lost everything. My sister was helping another family with Easter and getting prepared for an egg hunt when she lost everything. She has always been there to help anyone and now she is needing help. We know kids should never have access to lighters but this is a huge lesson learned by everyone at how fast these things can happen and how important it is to teach our kids just how dangerous fire is. Any help is appreciated and will go towards rebuilding their lives. Thank you.


 See top
  • Andrew Stacy 
    • $185 
    • 37 mos
  • Brittney Dover 
    • $30 
    • 37 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $500 
    • 37 mos
  • Conner Schexnayder 
    • $200 
    • 37 mos
  • Genifer Cross 
    • $10 
    • 37 mos
See all


Amanda Carr 
Rockford, IL
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more