Thanks to a donor, we now have MATCHING AVAILABLE UP TO $15,000
Ekam USA is supporting the urgent needs for COVID relief and protection in India due to the unexpected and sudden second wave across the country.
All age groups are being affected and due to several different mutated virus strains the severity of the disease is high.
Combined with the lack of oxygen, hospital beds, loss of livelihood opportunities, it is hard on daily wage workers. In addition to limited health care resources and access, expecting mothers and those with newborn babies are also turning COVID positive. Without the proper resources, guidance, and education, they are unable to handle the crisis.
100% of your donation goes to the projects
Ekam USA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization completely run by volunteers, with no staff/ salary costs.
100% of your donation will be used for Oxygen Concentrators.
****You may use www.ekamusa.org/donatenow for a direct donation to Ekam USA in any way you like- Paypal, Check, Bank Transfer, Credit Card, Venmo, etc.
(*** Please note that Gofundme TIP IS VOLUNTARY - but you have to manually change to Other if you don't want to TIP Gofundme)
Ekam is working to provide
1. EMERGENCY NUTRITION KITS with dry rations for 1 month to help families of 4, identifying those in the lowest socioeconomic status
immunity boosters- vitamin C
Seeds and materials to start their own vegetable garden for sustainability
2. COVID PROTECTION HYGIENE KITS for COVID prevention and protection with
to pregnant mothers and those with newborn babies, so they can care for their families
$60 will provide a Nutrition AND COVID protection kit to a family of 4
3. SUPPORTING local hospitals and village primary health centers with
Several hospitals in different states are submitting requests to Ekam for reinforcement of COVID prevention and treatment supplies and life-saving equipment. Ekam works to provide the most urgent needs for these hospitals, in partnership with several local corporates as well.
4. LIVELIHOOD opportunities to rural women in low socioeconomic status by - training to stitch masks- providing income and masks for distribution to those in need
- kangaroo sling pouches for mothers to carry babies with low birth weight to improve their health- training and material provided in a safe environment provide an earning opportunity to the women
During COVID first wave in 2020, Ekam provided
nutrition kits to 1200 families and 2700 migrant workers in need
1000 families connected to Govt. schemes
120 people trained in livelihood opportunities
1575 student scholarships
Ekam USA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. We work with Ekam Foundation in India, which is a grassroots organization, with the
- necessary background and expertise in handling healthcare situations
- with staff on the ground to reach remote villages
- as well as trained local village nurses and mentors
who can reach those in need, and
- digital platforms and educational videos/ apps to continue care for mothers and children during this crisis.
Ekam's experience during the first wave of COVID in 2020 has given us the experience to handle things swiftly during this critical time.
DONATE NOW to save lives in this critical time to make a difference !
Current Situation in India
DonationsSee top donations
- Balaji Parthasarathy
- Mitali Goyal
- Svetla Hristova-Veleva
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more