Saving Baby Amia


Dear Family and Friends,

On March 2, 2012 Mike and I discovered we were pregnant and expecting our 1st child; we were both excited but also in shock.  We were both ready to embark on our new adventures as parents our due date is October 26, 2012.  We both started our journey to prepare for the arrival of our baby such as doctors appointment, baby registration, baby shower preparation, and making room for the baby.  On June 13th 2012 we went to the doctor for our 20 weeks baby check up and to discover the sex of the baby.  We discovered we were having a baby girl; we now had to wait for Mike to get over the shock that he was having another mini Terry. 

 Before we left our doctor's appointment we were told there was an abnormality in our ultrasound and an additional ultrasound was required by a specialist.  Feared kicked in, but in the midst we prayed it was something minor and nothing major.  On June 20, 2012 we had an appointment to see the specialist; during the consultation with the doctor our world turned upside down, baby peewee (at the time), was diagnosed with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH).  Something Mike and I had no clue about and or how to accept this devastating news.  It took us sometime to get passed the pros and cons of this condition.

 We were both given a gift and seen the excitement of the baby each time we went to our doctor's appointment, as she was playing and enjoying herself each time.  We have both grown attached to the baby and decided to take matters in our hands and move forward. We decided to obtain a second opinion and to explore any other options to save baby peewee.  This was a choice that was made thoughtfully and of no selfish reason and by the power of God he will see this through.

 After obtaining a second opinion we were given hope that a particular type of surgery (Utero Fetal Surgery) can be perform to save the baby.  Arrangements were made to have the baby shower on September 8, 2012, but due to constrain a decision was made to postpone the baby shower.  With postponing the baby shower, we are asking for donations to contribute towards the surgery, all proceed will go towards Baby Amia Genesis Forbes (yes she has a name now).  Instead of showering her with gifts in a normal fashion we are requesting the gift of life. We are not expecting a particular amount other than what you all are able to give out of the kindness of your heart. We are at our 25th week and surgery is schedule at our 29th week.      



                                    Michael Forbes & Terry Evelyn





  • Maytress Phillips 
    • $25 
    • 105 mos
  • Edgar Perez - PPK 
    • $100 
    • 106 mos
  • Jeremy Pierce 
    • $500 
    • 107 mos
  • Henry Ratrie and Family 
    • $310 (Offline)
    • 107 mos
  • Herman 
    • $50 
    • 107 mos
See all


Gertrude Evelyn 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more