Hello, most of you only know me by name.
I am Michael Kuo, Regional Director for CT1 with Fox Rehab. My story starts on 12/11 (which is my birthday). I came home early to surprise my 14 month old boy, Leo, around 4:15PM. When I got home, I saw a fire on the patio a couple levels above our first floor condo. I rushed inside to see that my mother and my son were taking their afternoon nap. The next thing I know, the fire alarm went off. I quickly woke them up, grabbed my shoes and a blanket for my son, and we rushed outside. We were in shock as we stood in the cold weather watching the flames get bigger and bigger. The fire department arrived and no one was allowed to go back into the building. I quickly called my wife and told her to get home so that we could get my mother and son into a warm car. I didn’t have anything with me, no wallet or keys, and with the fire getting worse, there was nothing I could do. It is still hard for me to grasp what exactly happened. I can’t stop thinking about what would have happened if I didn’t come home early that day. Words cannot describe how my family is feeling. I am not a person that is willing to ask for help or assistance, but please help us re-build our life again.
- Julie Chiang
- Mimi Do
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more