On Thursday, December 21 Tony suffered an internal bleed. His hemoglobin was so low that blood flow slowed to his brain causing him to have two strokes. Tony was in critical condition in a medical coma for several days in ICU at Sanford and miraculously pulled through. In fact, Christmas day was the first day we could communicate with him and he could respond to us. We couldn't have asked for a better Christmas gift than to have him leave ICU.
He is now on the path to recovery at Avera Rehab but the path will not be easy. The stroke has left him partially paralyzed on his left side. At this point, we are unclear if the paralysis is permanent. He is working to regain his strength through daily occupational and physical therapy. He will be there for several weeks. Tony will need all the support he can get.
Here are 10 ways to help Tony
1. Donate - he won’t have an income so donating to help pay medical bills and everyday bills that you and I stress about would help a lot!
2. Pray- my family believes in the power of prayer and we will accept yours!
3. Visit- even though Tony will be surrounded by people in rehab it will still get boring so a friendly face is always good! Stop in and say Hi! (message me and I will give you the room number)
4. Facebook post - put a funny post on Tony's page or a quick note of encouragement!
5.Send a message - if you don’t want your message public on Facebook send him a private message, he likes those too.
6. Bring an activity - anything that might help him work on his skills and pass the time. He used to love model cars and legos. It may sound childish but it will help him use his right hand and give him something to do.
7. Share!! - please share this page with your friends and ask them to help.
8. Write a letter and send in snail mail - contact me and I will send you his address.
9. Keep him in your thoughts - often times when something like this happens, the support is strong in the beginning and then tapers off. Please help me prevent that from happening.
10. Share - this one is important enough to be listed twice! Please share this go fund me to help me get my brother the most support that I can.
His little sis Chellee
DonationsSee top donations
- Kellee Blumer
- Cindy Dinger
- clark kooyman
- Roxanne Stevens
- Randy Miller
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more