This time last year, we were having a challenging time figuring out what was wrong with Tressa. In January, she was finally admitted to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. She was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease after many tests. Like many of you know, this stay was not covered by insurance since we were kicked off due to a government oversight (We had an issue with our immigration status, all born and raised in Western Pa). Since then, she has been on Remicade infusions. The infusions have been working well to maintain her Crohn’s. In April, Tressa contracted ringworm on her scalp from a family member’s dog. She had done well to bounce back, but starting in July it got worse again. By the beginning of August, she had developed a mass/lesion on her head right were the ringworm was. After several trips to the ER, PCP, and dermatologist, it didn’t get any better. It was suggested we take her to CHoP in Philadelphia. Last week, we finally decided enough was enough and got her an appointment. After another biopsy, it was found she has granulomas. It may be caused from mycobacteria or an autoimmune disease. We are traveling back next week for another biopsy to find out exactly what is wrong with her. Her medical bills keep piling up. UPMC started to help us fill out paperwork for Medicaid, but somehow the application was denied and we were never told more paperwork was needed. We have reapplied on our own, but there is still significant bills we still need to pay. We also do not know how long this new treatment plan is going to take, and how long we will be traveling to get her treated.
This is what we are currenlty dealing with on her head. After about 20 doctors and a real care plan, we may be getting closer to finally treating it, but it is a 233 mile drive. Which also requires over night accomodations.
We are looking to do a fundraiser dinner too, but since I am not currently with Delmont, we are still looking at our options. If you have any ideas on how and where to do a funraiser, please let us know!