Treatment for Stamkos

As some of you may know, my two and a half year old fur child named Stamkos ingested a toxic substance called xylitol while I was sleeping. I woke up to what sounded like a cat trying to cough up a hairball and quickly realized that Stamkos was in trouble. I rushed him to an emergency veterinary clinic where he has been for about the last 24 hours. He is currently suffering from low blood sugar levels, problems with liver function as well as gastro-intestinal problems that are causing him to have bloody diarreah. He is currently being treated aggressively, and prognosis is “guarded” at this time, meaning things could get better but things could also get worse. I am hoping for a positive outcome but know that since it’s already cost $1400 since he was admitted last night, vet bills are going to be through the roof, not to mention any expenses for medications that he may need upon discharge. Myself and my friends and family close to Stamkos are absolutely devastated by the news of these circumstances, and I am hoping I can get some help in giving Stamkos the best fighting chance at fully recovering from this. Any little bit helps, and please feel free to share this with your friends/family/network if you so choose. I am also happy to answer any questions that I can or provide further detail. Please keep Stamkos in your thoughts and prayers, he is only two and a half years old and deserves to live a long and fulfilled life!
  • Carmen Charlebois
    • $20 
    • 52 mos
  • Katie Taylor
    • $50 
    • 52 mos
  • Katie Armstrong
    • $50 
    • 52 mos
  • Amanda Ranieri
    • $50 
    • 52 mos
  • Anonymous
    • $50 
    • 52 mos
See all

Organizer

Van Diane
Organizer
Ottawa, ON

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.