Tragic House Fire Nahanee Family



On the evening of Friday January 26, 2018 a fire broke out in the home of Les Nahanee (son o f the late Mel Nahanee) and his mom Norma Nahanee. They had just came home from a meal and settled in for the night.  It's uncertain at this point  what the cause of the fire was, but smoke engulfed the upstairs area where her son Les was.  She tried  to rescue her son, but was unable to.  Norma sustained burns to her hands and on top of the tragedy, Norma suffered a heart attack.  She remains in hospital and has suffered another heart attack. There is a chance she may end up with a  coronary stent. In the meantime her daughter Gianna has been trying to keep herself together and be as strong as she can be considering she's lost her big brother and her mother remains in the hospital. Despite her grief, Gianna is trying to organize the funeral for Les. Norma not only has lost her son, but has most likely lost everything in the house. Right now she has nothing to go back to. She will need to basically start from scratch. We are hoping with your kindness and generosity we can help take away some of the pain they are experiencing.  Please help, no matter the amount, if we pull together we can make it work. Thank you.

Donations

 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 38 mos
  • Melanie Point 
    • $50 
    • 38 mos
  • Whitney Joseph 
    • $20 
    • 39 mos
  • Diane Gaulin 
    • $100 
    • 39 mos
  • Tabitha Schnooner 
    • $20 
    • 39 mos
See all

Organizer

Lorrie Cole 
Organizer
Capilano 5, BC
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more