Trae Dorriety Apartment Fire

On March 25th our beloved family member, Trae Dorriety, lost his home and all of his belongings due to a violent apartment fire. The fire started in the basement of the apartment building he was living in on Monday afternoon. As he was watching TV, he started smelling smoke and shortly after could see smoke coming through the vents in his unit. Luckily, he was able to quickly grab his two cats and exit the building unharmed. Meanwhile, the first fire truck called to the scene was in route when it hit a turn too fast and flipped over. The second fire truck called to the scene had to stop and help the three firemen in the first truck, who were sent to the hospital. Two suffered from minor injuries and the other is badly injured. Several other fire truck units arrived at the apartment and successfully put out the fire with no injuries. However, what used to be a home for many, including Trae, left nothing but ash and was to be condemned. Our family is coming together and asking anyone who is willing, to help raise money for Trae during this unfortunate time. Every little bit helps. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
  • Kathi Little 
    • $50 
    • 31 mos
  • Christopher Interdonato 
    • $100 
    • 31 mos
  • Anita Reisinger 
    • $100 
    • 31 mos
  • Michelle Heagy 
    • $50 
    • 32 mos
  • Sandi Brawner 
    • $150 
    • 32 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Riley Koontz 
Sandy Springs, GA
James Dorriety 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more