The Toronto Independent Theatre Coalition
is a place for small local theatre companies to connect and support each other's work. By connecting, sharing resources and helping to promote each other's shows, we can all grow together.
Membership to the TITC is free, and only requires active participation within the coalition and adherence to the Code of Conduct
.Goals & Objectives
The primary objective of the TITC is to assist Toronto's independent theatres in growing their network and audience bases. Membership to the TITC is free, and will always remain free, and is reliant on active member participation.Strategic Plan:Stage 1:
Create a network of Toronto-based independent theatre artists and companies. Assist fellow members with the creation and promotion of their works, through sharing resources, skills, and by promoting each company’s productions through all other member networks. Create a virtual hub and support network for Toronto independent theatre artists.
Create a roster of independent reviewers made up of both members and third-parties, to ensure each production will have a reviewer present for at least one performance. Create an awards system for members that honours the best productions, cast members, crew members and administrators within a TITC season (September 1 -August 31). Host an awards night that is open to all TITC members and other guests (tentatively in October of each year).Stage 3:
Create a ticketing platform with low to no fees that is accessible for all members. Sell subscription packages that encourage patrons to see a number of independent shows (“6ix Tix”). Build a TITC patron base to easily market all members’ shows. Create a large enough TITC following that it can be leveraged for sponsorship and/or discounts that can be passed on to members.Why We Need Funding:
In order to keep the TITC free and accessible for Toronto artists we need support from the community at large. Currently we are trying to raise funds for the following start-up costs:
1. Website: our founder has paid for this out-of-pocket to get things moving, but we would like to be able to reimburse her the $100.00 paid for the domain registration and platform fees. She has donated her time and skills by designing the site for free.
2. Business Cards: another currently out-of-pocket cost was printing business cards to be handed out at networking events to help spread the word about the TITC the old fashioned way - $50.00
3. Non-Profit Registration: we would like to register for official non-profit status with the government. This requires a NUANs report and the filing of Articles of Incorporation - $200.00
4. Branded Merchandise For Events: this summer we hope to significantly increase the number of TITC members, and part of how we plan to do that is by going to local theatre events such as the Fringe Festival, and handing out information & swag. Costs can vary depending on what exactly we create, but we estimate about $350.00 for this.
5. Ticketing Platform: as stated above, one of the goals of the TITC is the creation of a ticket selling platform and the introduction of an indie theatre subscription, 6ix Tix. We have budgeted $800 for the website costs and the cost of hiring a coder to assist with this.
Total Startup Budget: $1500.00 CAD