Toogood Family Tragedy

On January 20th, 2022, in the early hours of the morning, tragedy struck the Toogood family home located in Stittsville, ON. Awoken by their son who 'smelt something funny', Sean rushed to the window when he noticed flicking lights and saw that the neighbour's house was ablaze (News Article: Ottawa Firefighters Battle Two Early Morning Fires ). 

Within 2 minutes of discovering the fire, he, his wife Whitney, son Mason (age 8), daughter Gwen (age 6), and their three cats were standing on the front lawn as they watched the fire spread to their roof and quickly set their own home ablaze. Despite the tireless efforts of their local firefighters, the fire destroyed all of the Toogood's possessions and the family home they had just moved into this past summer. 

Whitney is also a self-funded entrepreneur who created Toogood's Kitchen, supplying delicious premade meals in her local community. She built up this personal chef and catering business by working out of her clients' homes and rental kitchens. But due to this unexpected tragedy, she has lost most of her equipment and company assets. Building her small business from scratch was one of her proudest accomplishments, and without your support, her small business could be gone for good. 

The Toogood's are a wonderful family who have lived in the Stittsville community for years, and now is the time to show them the true meaning of a community and surround them with support. 

They have temporary lodgings setup but will need lots of help as they begin to rebuild. Please, give what you can to help this deserving family. #Toogood2fail
  • Nancy Cutler 
    • $213 
    • 3 mos
  • Sarah Armstrong 
    • $50 
    • 4 mos
  • Alanna Stone 
    • $50 
    • 4 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 4 mos
  • Reinier van den Born 
    • $1,000 
    • 4 mos
See all

Fundraising team (3)

Jacqueline Skelding 
Organizer
Stittsville, ON
Whitney Toogood 
Beneficiary
Chris Beaudoin 
Team member