TipJar: a crisis-era podcast for good

Find the podcast at: https://tipjar.podbean.com/

‘Tip Jar’ is a new podcast made by St. John’s-based arts workers Luke Quinton, Amanda Bullman and Sharon King-Campbell. The goal is to highlight some of the community’s artists, while raising money to benefit organizations that provide emergency relief to artists.

As the world tries to minimize the spread of COVID-19, many artists have found themselves in want of work. Large gatherings are being cancelled, which means that the people who rely on those events to make a living have been thrown unexpectedly into a precarious situation.
 
The first episode of ‘Tip Jar’ features interviews with and performances from sketch comedy artist Elizabeth Hicks, author Trudy Morgan-Cole, drag queen Eda Kumquat, and musician Andrea Monro.

Using the Pay-What-You-Can model, listeners are encouraged to donate to the CAPE Fund - the Cultural Artists' Plan for Emergencies - which gives out small, one-time grants to arts workers whose finances have been unexpectedly negatively affected by injury or catastrophe. During the recent State of Emergency in the St. John's area, CAPE dedicated a substantial portion of its resources to supporting arts workers' lost wages, and their coffers are seriously depleted. If they had more, they could do more. Let's give them more.

Transparency: 80% of money donated here will go directly to CAPE. The other 20% will go toward the production costs of the podcast.

Donations

  • Mireille Eagan 
    • $20 
    • 8 d

Organizer

Sharon King-Campbell 
Organizer
St. John's, NL
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more