First goal: $11,000
Second goal: $100k
"Healing takes community in the same way
that celebration takes community"
About 4 years ago, The Madison House was founded by High Priest & Master Life Coach King H. Alejaibra Badu Shalom with aspirations to re-establish the presence of love in his community. We have now evolved into The Temple of Madison. High Priest Alejaibra has established regular monthly programs of ministry with about more than a 80+ attendees per event and created a space for people to feel safe, connect and grow, laugh and sing, heal and cry and become a family within the Washington D.C. community and worldwide.
The Temple of Madison is a Health & Wellness Center that stands to heal people from things that bind them physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. We offer classes, workshops, events and community based projects for all who would like to engage and be a part. All are welcome and no one is ever turned away...We welcome children, teens, adults, individuals, groups and families to come throughout the year. In addition, The Madison House ministry of Love has provided housing assistance for 6 individuals this year and has fed over a hundred people.
The logo is an adaption of the Adinkra symbol “Odo Nnyew Fie Kwan,” that stands for the Power of Love. Love lights its own path. It never gets lost on its way home. You are always home at The Madison House.
What's offered at the Madison House:
- Holistic health/wellness space for those through Yoga, Guided Meditation, Creative Arts Therapy (Art, Music and Dance), Energy Healing, Aromatherapy, Ancestral Healing and Spiritual Life Coaching.
These workshops/classes vary in approach: Group, Couple and Individual sessions.
- Offering space for children and youth through programs such as: Children's Book Reading club, Don't Stress Express! Teen program and FREE Childcare Wednesdays. We honor the elder spirit of children.
- A garden where community members cultivate, care for and produce herbs, flowers, vegetables and fruit as a community.
- Our Annual 5 day Self Care retreat focusing on ways to practice self care by integrating the states of the mind, body and spirit into one's everyday lifestyle.
- We provide retreat space for out of town guests. Registered safe overnight space for people of any color, culture, religion, race, gender, LGBTQ and disability.
- Regular events for the neighborhood/community such as dance for fitness, circle groups for excavating depression, Life Skill groups, open mic nights, food prep parties, NYE Vision party, Thursday African Song & Drumming Circles, Hug Therapy, Therapeutic Naked Yoga, potlucks and much more!
Financial Needs - Why are we having this campaign?
The Temple of Madison offers service for free or on sliding scale to make services accessible to all communities in D.C. No one is ever turned away or refused care with The Madison House love ministry, yet in order to continue working in the community we need financial support to stay up and running.
Besides small donations and selling of merchandise/t shirts, there is very little financial support provided to create the space and establish the regular programming that we provide every day at The Madison House.
We need the help of our global community to sustain this movement and carry it abroad from our Sacred space of The Temple of Madison. Without your donations we will be forced to closed as doors in 30 days.
Short Term Goals
- Annual maintenance/utilities needed to maintain The Madison House
(Electric, Plumbing, Gardening, Cleaning, House repairs)
- Materials/Supplies needed for successful workshops
(Office supplies, working printer/copier/fax machine, yoga mats and art supplies)
(Flyers, Business Cards, Public Ads, T Shirts, Merchandise )
- Food Services for events
Long Term Goal
- The New Madison House Community Center
This new space will focus more on the based community programming, to provide efficient space for all community projects. (i.e. Earth friendly, wheelchair accessible, more recreational space for children/youth, security technology, quiet/meditation room).
"*Deep cleansing breath* What can I say other than peace? Peace is what you receive when you cross the threshold. I will be returning."
- I Am MissButtaFly
"This place is doing amazing things! What a wonderful thing it is to see our people reestablishing our roots through love & wellness."
- Lisa Young
"The Madison House is a beautiful space for creative, open minded people that just want to relax, create or meet like-minded people. Its like a second home to me when I want to get away from my family home where I'm changing diapers and tripping over toys every 5 minutes. I get to go to a place thats beautifully decorated with energy that is very peaceful, perfect for spiritual grounding and I'm just free to be me and the creative energy just flows. The company is always great and I've done some pretty good networking there as well. This is definitely a hidden treasure in Anacostia that will be the birth place of many things great!"
- Tamika Love Jones
Check out our segment on GoodMorning D.C. with
Master Life Coach H. Alejaibra Badu and Expressive Therapist, Queenlin
Click link below ⬇️
The Madiso House with GoodMorning DC
Check out Master H. Alejaibra Badu interview in East of The River Magazine
Click the link below
The Madison House East of The River
Facebook - @TheMadisonHouseDC
Instagram - @TheMadisonHouseDC
- Ron&Avery Young
- Annie Mahon
- Gabrielle Gilliam
- Sandra Kim
- Autumn Banks
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more