Many musicals exist. Many Rom-Coms exist. Many adult animated films exist. But what do you get when you combine all three into 100 awesome minutes of movie magic?
Answer: Papa Jack's Café - the story of an American girl who meets a London boy in a music café in NYC during lockdown.
This is the daring vision of father-daughter team Graham Stull & Anna Offergeld-Stull, who have merged their love of musicals + their love of funny jokes + their love of love, to make a really KICKA$$, all original soundtrack, story and a proof of concept for the 2D animation of "Papa Jack's Café". Watch the proof of concept here:
WHAT ELSE WE'VE GOT: In addition to the above, we have recorded all of the dialogue (the voice artists are next-level), and all twelve original songs from the soundtrack. Most importantly we have a framework contract and great working relationship with the animation studio Bakarmax, based in India, to complete the rest of the animation. After that, we'll just need to find a skilled and reasonably priced sound editor and put the whole thing together. Then it's festivals, champagne and streaming (not necessarily in that order)!
WHAT WE NEED TO MAKE THIS MOVIE A REALITY: More money. Your donations can make that happen. If we get to $20k, the rest of the animation goes ahead (I'll still be selling a house to cough up the rest of the cash, but the 20 grand will really, really, really help). Even 5 bucks helps.
HERE'S THE SOUNDTRACK:
1) Papa Jack's Cafe (Title Song) - Anna Offergeld-Stull
2) My Direction - Micah Tsekiri
3) From Scratch - Becca Adams Weinberg
4) The Rental Song - Micah Tsekiri & John Christopher
5) Way Back When - Christian Erik
6) Home Inside of Me - Anna Offergeld-Stull
7) Blame Me - Micah Tsekiri
8) We'll Get There - Anna Offergeld-Stull
9) Just Like Me - Micah Tsekiri
10) 20th Century Days - Kylan deGhetaldi
11) The Porn Song - Kylan deGhetaldi
12) The Next Stage of My Life - Anna Offergeld-Stull & Micah Tsekiri
I can offer no raffles or prizes for donations - just the good feeling of helping make a dream come true. And like most dads, I just basically love my little girl to bits, so this whole project is really about us doing something cool together. Anna's truthfully the one with all the talent.