COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS care for The Dog Run at Saint Nicholas Park. We — dog owners and walkers — fund our own efforts to keep the run clean and groomed.
We continuously strive to improve our run to make it a better, safer, more enjoyable space for all who use it. For this reason, we will be hosting this fundraising effort indefinitely to help provide the following:
• Replace Old Fence — Over the years of our existence the fencing around our space has become insufficient and as erosion has taken its toll on the slope and space has become too precarious for some of our members. We hope to install a more stable fence that will allow debris to pass underneath so build up won't occur. ($)
• Improve Landscaping — Landscaping will also help to minimize runoff, erosion, and will address the accessibility of humans to safely navigate the entire space no matter what the weather or time of year. ($)
• Host COFFEE BARK events — a monthly event (weather permitting) that brings dog owners together to enjoy free coffee, tea, and small bites.
($80/event) *on going
• CLEAN UP events — providing refreshments (coffee, donuts, water) for all volunteers who give their time to help.
($50/event) *on going
• Abandoned Dogs – Sadly, we come across abandoned dogs in the park and we do everything we can to make sure they have the best chance at ending up at a 'NO KILL' shelter. Sometimes we need to pay for transportation, food, and temporary housing for the animals.
(~$30/dog) *on going
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING the dogs, the Dog Run, and our volunteer efforts with whatever you can give. We do it for our furry friends. Our efforts will continue to expand to further make our run as enjoyable and safe as possible for all to enjoy!
The Dog Run at Saint Nicholas Park
- Michelle Spires
- Amy Meverden
- Prince Coulis