We are two female entrepreneurs, who have been part of our community for the last six years, and together our aim is to make a difference.
We will be totally straight with you from the start and say our fundraiser is aimed at taking our business to the next level.
The impact of the Coronavirus has extended far beyond those who have become infected. Millions of small businesses are affected and are now suffering, but we are not one of those statistics! We’re staying optimistic and working hard.
Many small businesses have adjusted their business model, and we have certainly focused on more of a Social Media presence. This has helped, and we are forever grateful to our family, friends and customers who have supported us.
Our fundraiser is not just about asking for donations. Many business owners are uncomfortable asking their loyal customers for straight cash, Louise and I being one of those business owners.
We are structuring our campaign with an INCENTIVE or offer!
We host various workshops in our small space behind the main shop. Tracy has had many lovely, positive comments on the meditations she has facilitated, and has been asked on many occasions to record some of them. If you click on this link ( link to YouTube ) you will be able to sample a free meditation.
Rather than sell our recording via our website and not reach enough people, we would like to offer it as a gift to each person leaving a donation. Our way of saying thank you. I have created a NEW crystal meditation to send as an mp3.
If you feel that leaving a donation is not something you are comfortable with, please feel free to support us (and other small independent businesses) in other ways…
· When the physical shop is open, please stop by and visit us. Even a purchase of a £1 tumble stone helps.
· Look to see if there is something you would like to buy from our Shop on our website www.the-crystal-tree.co.uk/online-crystal-shop/
· We do GIFT VOUCHERS… think Birthday and Christmas presents.
· In 2021, join a workshop. All you need to do is send us a message of what you would like to see.
· Share our Facebook and Instagram posts, help build our community.
· Leave a positive feedback/review on Google or Facebook.
So, now let me tell you our big dream…
It began with a visit from a well-respected Medium from Southend, who visited our shop for the first time in the summer of 2020. He was a lovely gentleman who talked with us for a short while and then felt compelled to tell us we would be re-locating! This was a shock to Louise and me because we absolutely love our location, looking out over Leigh Library gardens. But he said, no… you’ll be buying somewhere.
(we currently pay rent, which of course means rules and regulations)?
Hmmmmm? With not enough money in the bank, we left that in the back of our minds. But the seed had been sown!
After several months, and with all the new restrictions in place because of Coronavirus, our workshop space and shop are no longer user friendly. Due to restructuring our business model, we cannot offer healing treatments, and our workshop room is too small due to social distancing measures. (We really need more space!)
Then, several doors along from where we are based, a commercial shop becomes available to buy. With the memory of the conversation from the summer in my head, I phoned the estate agent to make an enquiry. I was told that unless we have a 50% deposit and a mortgage in place, we would not be able to buy property anywhere. This was confirmed by a local mortgage expert.
Not to be defeated, we posted on our Facebook page what it is our customers and followers enjoy from The Crystal Tree. (this can be read at the end of this campaign)
Seeds by now have sprouted, and we have so many ideas of our own that we would like to be able to offer our community. When we have our own property, more room to play with, and can be free from paying rent…
· First and foremost, we want to be able to GIVE BACK to our community after receiving from this fundraising campaign.
· A permanent fundraising area for charity, which will be…
· A dedicated ‘quiet’ area for meditation, healing, reflection with a donation theme
· Separate upstairs areas for workshops and healing treatments.
· Workshop space will have its own small kitchen so that any all day workshop will have lunch included.
· Our Gongs and singing bowls will be out permanently for regular sound-baths.
· Space for drumming circles if its wanted.
· More space for different gifts, not just crystals. Maybe even more sound instruments
· A dedicated area for incense, essential oils and herbs
· Be able to employ one or two members of staff so that we can offer more to the community.
(As you can see it’s a big dream, and we have loads more ideas. We are hoping that, with a little help from you, and a lot of hard work on our part, we will get there. Thank you for your support, it means the world to both of us!)
Some reviews and ideas copied from our Facebook page...
The funds will be used to get a mortgage on a building. We currently pay rent on a building that has many problems, (just today we lost our electric supply 2.12.20). It is also riddled with damp.
A building has recently become available that could be perfect for all our needs.
I have recorded a 22 minute crystal meditation that I am happy to gift back for every donation of £2. Or whatever you think the meditation is worth.
Please leave your name after leaving a donation and I will reply with the coupon code to download the meditation from The Crystal Tree website MEDITATION LINK
If you could share our story with your friends and family, we would be very grateful.... from the bottom of our hearts...Thank You x
- Eva and Tom Marquez
- Lynda Harkus
- Zoë Howe
- Leanne Carpenter
Fundraising team (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more