Thanksgiving House Fire Repair Fund

On thanksgiving evening, a house fire started due to a baking accident at the Sheckell’s family home. Marshmallow embers from a pie that had spilt over were ignited by the oven pilot light, which led to a fire that burned through the floor underneath the stove, and continued to burn along the center support beam of the home. The fire caused considerable damage to the kitchen, laundry, and utility rooms. This fundraiser was established to offset the cost of repairing the wiring, water line, replacing the flooring, bottom kitchen cabinets, replacing the stove, and the cleaning required to manage smoke from the flames. As well as other costs associated with being displaced during the holiday season. If you have the privilege of knowing or knowing of Bill and Marlo, you know they are the absolute best kind of people who do anything and everything they can to help their family and friends. Please donate any amount that you are comfortable with in order to help them recover from this accident at the end of a particularly rough year. Thank you and God Bless.

Donations

  • Jeanne O 
    • $100 
    • 1 mo
  • Jose Dominguez 
    • $20 
    • 1 mo
  • BRENDA MONTOYA 
    • $30 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • $200 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 1 mo
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Jessica Gray 
Organizer
Cameron, NC
Marlo Sheckells 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more