We are still unsure if it's being caused by an underlaying heart problem, since getting a cardiograph is currently out of our budget. And after one of the most emotionally challenging days of our lives, we thought we'd need to surrender her back to the shelter in order give her the best chance she had at survival since it was simply more than we could afford.
Fortunately, the doctor said she seemed stable enough to bring home (holding oxygen at 90%) as a trial to treat her other ailments in the interim. Althea is currently back at home, where she is resting comfortably and being given 4 different medications daily. While she is starting to show some signs of improvement (alertness, purring, & grooming) her rapid breathing has unfortunately persisted, and we will need to dig a little deeper on her original diagnosis....
Please help our little fur baby! For my upcoming 30th birthday, in lieu of gifts, all I wish is for her to make it through this. To help give her the best care, I'm reaching out to friends & family for any financial assistance you can spare to help pay for her ongoing treatment & further diagnostics. All $ donated will go straight to Althea's veterinary bills. Whatever you can offer is greatly appreciated... every little bit helps!
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts <3
- Mejra Botic
- Ismilda Botic
- Max OBrien
- Lauren Ritchie
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more