On Friday, May 21st, around 11 pm, the Chinese restaurant next door to Teddy and Willy’s apartment had a 5 alarm gas fire. It escalated quickly and raged until after 11 am the following morning. The following photos were taken from their roof. They lived on the second floor.
200 firefighters fought the fire from the fire escapes on Sinclair’s building, which in turn had the windows filled with billows of smoke and water from the fire hoses- leaving their home (which they’ve only lived in for 6 months) deemed uninhabitable by the fire marshal.
Almost everything they own has been destroyed by smoke or water from the fire hoses. The windows remain broken, the ceiling has been leaking water for days since the fire. The apartment is flooded. Music equipment - which is how they make their livelihood, has been ruined beyond repair. Almost everything will have to be thrown out and what little they can save will have to be professionally cleaned.
If you know Teddy & Willy like I do, you know that they are always one of the first people to step up when anyone needs a hand or is in trouble. They go above and beyond to help their family and friends and now they really need our help to get back on their feet after their lives have so swiftly been turned upside down.
If you’re able, please give what you can. I’ve set the goal at $15,000, but the cost to replace all the work equipment that was lost, replace all linens, all everyday objects and to move in NYC will definitely end up costing thousands more.
Please donate if you can and share this. Let’s help Teddy & Willy get some relief from this terrible situation.
(Friend of the Sinclair’s)