Thanks again for taking time to read this, & please know that ANYTHING donated is so very very much appreciated!
Please share this on Google +, Twitter & Facebook and anywhere else .
Thanks again. :-)
Help a father with spine issues rehab his life by starting a business to support his family, paying off some debts & getting surgery.
Hi. My name is Michael. I live in Sydney, Australia. I am married & have 2 daughters.
I certainly know that my life is NOT a "worst case scenario", but here is a quick run down of what i have to deal with right now:
*My youngest daughter passed away right there in front of me from Trisomy 18 in late 2013. I held her lifeless body in my arms. Somethings you cannot forget.
* I live with significant degeneration in my spine...in certain discs in my spine. ( arthritus) I have restricted movement in my spine now as a result as well as the sharp pains & dull aches. I also have a slipped disc & some abnormal growths that have pushed a bone forward against the sciatic nerve that runs down my right side. So, i also have pain from my spine through my pelvis down my right leg. Pain at times i cannot describe! I lost my 20+ year career, my health & almost my family. It has been tough!!
You can read more about Degenerative Disc Disease & see diagrams here:
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN & SEE MY PHOTO'S BELOW!!!
* I have lived with crippling Anxiety (& Major Depressive Disorder on & off) since a was a boy.
* My neck gives me 'Positional Vertigo', whiplash & bad headaches due to a car accident back in 2003.
* I have not had a job for 4 years & am now in my 40's with my health clearly NOT improving.
* I have significant degeneration in my hips (arthritus), which cause pain worse than the pain in my spine.
* I need to see if i can pay for surgery. At the moment nobody will operate. So i need the money to be able to explore more options available to me as far as surgery goes.
I don't want anyone to simply fund a lifestyle. I wanna change my life! I wanna rehab my life!
I started this GoFundMe initially to raise money for disability aids & possibly surgery. But I don't just want to submit to my crippling pain, diseases & injuries.
I wanna break free!!
I am a guy in my mid 40's with permenant disabilities that ended my career so I need to start again. For ME! For my 8yo daughter. For my wife. For my family.
So I want need to be able to work from home. I want to do voice over work. I need to be able to have enough money to buy what i need to get started. I also need a mobility scooter. Plus i need to buy a reclining wheelchair. Not to mention debts that have piled up during my time out of work.
Their is far, far more to this, but i am sure you get the idea. PLEASE help me get my life back! PLEASE help me get some freedom back!
Here is a photo/diagram of what a healthy & normal spine should apparently look like:
Now here is the most recent scan of MY spine. The yellow arrows show disc denegeration. The red circle is a nerve & the red square is a bone that is pinching it. Note that sharp corner. The orange on the right shows just how different mine is compared to how it should be. No where near as straight!! Compare my scan below to the diagram above.
Some of my MRi, CT Scan, Xray etc... results from over the years:
The back of my SUV is taken up by my Walker/Rollator (which is becoming obselete as walking is very hard. In fact i only use it inside my home now.) and my old Wheelchair which needs replacing:
Thanks again!! :-)
- Natalie Cartwright
- Graciela Ventura
- Kami Durham
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more