Tchai-Ovna Ethical Growers Partnership
We are looking for support to further develop the direct relationship between our customers in Scotland, the UK, and the ethical producers with whom we are in partnership. We work with growers of tea and spices based in India (Kerala, Tamil, Nadu, Assam), Northern Vietnam and Japan. Thanks to over two decades of experience working with tea and spices we are uniquely placed to take the concept of direct sourcing of ethical produce forward. We personally know our suppliers and so can guarantee to our customers that the methods of cultivation and production are both environmentally sustainable and humane. Our mission is to reach out to more like-minded people in Scotland and further afield who care about the ethics of what they consume.
How will we achieve this with the money raised:
1. We will be able to further invest in the produce of our international partners.
2. Invest in and develop eco-friendly packaging which we believe will appeal to a wider audience.
3. Invest in the right equipment to meet larger orders - such as a commercial blender.
4. Upgrade our premises to better process increased demand.
5. An awareness-raising campaign using adverts in relevant places, such as magazines, social media, commercial journals, etc.
In our experience, the only way to guarantee the ethical and humane nature of a product is through full transparency and traceability. We believe that personal connection goes beyond licensing. Our ethos puts people first, designed around a responsible and non-exploitative network of independent growers who sell their produce directly to a community of like-minded and passionate individuals here in Scotland.