Josh’s Water Jobs was launched in June 2016 and since then it has grown in many ways and continues on an upward trajectory. And, all the hard work has paid off. We are super excited to share that the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) has generously decided to make a major contribution to the functioning and expansion of the website for the next 18 months.
This is not funding to maintain the status quo, but to take the website to the next level. Not only will the funding allow us to make technological improvements to the site and increase its functionality, but also significantly expand the programming and resources that we offer. All with the goal to enhance water professionals’ career development and connect more people to more jobs, especially in developing countries.
A short preview of what is next:
- The inclusion of member profiles, a way to apply for jobs via the website, for me to know who’s looking for jobs and for organizations to seek their own talent;
- A more active weekly blog that will focus on career development;
- Launch a webinar series, partnering with various organizations to conduct webinars around specific subjects related to career development;
- JWJ will develop its own consultant roster whereby it can facilitate consultants finding work through curated requests along with the eventual creation of a platform where consultants can meet one another to apply as teams for request for proposals;
- Develop additional databases, which could include trainings, events, MOOCs, calls for abstracts and organizational profiles that are linked to open positions; and
- JWJ will provide resources/guidance for CV development, communicating with employers, job interviews, networking, etc.
However, per SDC rules, they can only fund 50% of our budget, so this means we need to match their funds with other contributions, hence this GoFundMe site (amongst other methods to contribute). So, your individual contributions will still help support us and help secure SDC’s funding!
We’re looking forward to engaging with you all further on what has become quite an interesting adventure!
Hank and Josh
- Louise Croneborg-Jones
- Min Lu
- Martina Egedusevic
- Reto Wey