Support Uptown Bartenders & Buy Yourself a Drink!

Dear friends, bon vivants, and other ne’er do wells,

We are all witness to the severity of the COVID-19 crisis and its impact on our community. While this is a challenging and scary economic time for everyone, perhaps no institutions are more vulnerable than our neighborhood bars and their bartenders. They are not deemed “essential” businesses and have been forced to close down. Overall, it seems our esteemed government has left them to the wolves of capitalism. That’s why we’ve created a GoFundMe to help your favorite and mine, Uptown bar and its awesome staff.

Do you love Uptown and its bartenders like I do? Do you want to celebrate there after all this shit is over with? Do you expect this fine legacy business to even be there once we’ve emerged from our shelter-in-place? If so, the time is NOW for all of us to dig deep and keep this place and its fine people whole.

To this end, we’ve arranged a GoFundMe that will benefit the Uptown and its employees during this shut down. All proceeds are going directly to these folks to get them the resources they need to eat, pay rent, and in general SURVIVE while we’re all forced to sit at home.

For over 35 years, they have been there for us. Now it’s time for us to be there for them.

The way this GoFundMe is set up is a little different than your typical “Make a Wish” kid scenario.

For every dollar you donate, 75% of that donation goes to the tip pool for staff; the other 25% is put towards a gift certificate that you can redeem once Uptown is allowed to operate once more.

So, for example, a $100 donation = $75 to staff and a $25 gift certificate. That’s like 4 beers and enough change to play dice or pool for 3 hours if you’re lucky!

You know if you could you would just be blowing all of your money there anyway, so you might as well cough up some $$ while you're just sitting around binging Netflix or porn or whatever.

In all seriousness, our friends need our help now more than ever. Any amount you can spare will be greatly appreciated. And please share this over every social network in which you participate. Perhaps the one great lesson this crisis has taught us is that we’re all in this thing together. Please help make sure we all make it to the other side.

Jay Nichols

Donations

 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $500 
    • 13 hrs
  • Anonymous 
    • $500 
    • 7 d
  • David Krupinski 
    • $75 
    • 16 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 18 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $200 
    • 21 d
See all

Organizer

Shae Green 
Organizer
San Francisco, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more