Last year's Uni Goonies Film Festival was an outstanding success--we had over 50 films submitted into 7 categories, almost 200 people in attendance, and loads of networking between our attendees and film industry professionals.
But we need your support to make the festival even BIGGER and BETTER for 2019, and like last year, we can't do it without you!
The Uni Goonies are dedicated to creating a community-driven event for young people and student filmmakers in WA. The event is entirely managed and run by university students, who are looking to celebrate and recognise other student's works on the big screen. It is entirely FREE to submit your films, and with students participating from almost every university across WA, the Uni Goonies are set to become the best function for seeing our local up-and-coming films and talent.
If you donate to the Uni Goonies, ALL of your money will go towards the event itself. We need your money to:
1. Hire a fantastic venue right in the city centre. 2. Hire a local caterer to make yummy and delicious food and drinks. 3. Employ young local photographers and videographers to capture our event. 4. Advertising and marketing costs. 5. Buy some fantastic prizes for the incredible filmmakers. 6. Administration costs (printing certificates etc.).
Here's why you should support us:
1. Our festival is 100% run and organised by students, and our films are 100% submitted by students and young non-professional filmmakers; so you know that you'll be supporting a fresh, new talent-pool of aspiring artists for WA, and providing long-term career opportunities for students!
2. Asides from acknowledging our state's rising stars, we're proud to be encouraging and giving credit where it's due to our local, young Indigenous filmmakers. We also strive to showcase films with loads of diverse representation, including with people from different backgrounds, cultures, and minority groups.
3. We're passionate about our local universities and TAFEs, so we invite a select group of film students to attend the festival, to see why they should study film in WA and what they look forward to in continuing a higher-level education.
4. We have special film industry guests and celebrities attending, who not only network with the students prior to the screening, but are a part of our special prize to the winning students - they get to meet with those industry peoples in person, and talk about a career in the industry! And that takes us back to point 1.
Thank you so, so much for your donation in advance!