In October 2018 my daughter Poppy was born sleeping. Since losing Poppy I have put a lot of love and time into building 'My Poppy Rose' to support baby loss families.
During this time I have built www.mypoppyrose.co.uk
where I share our journey and provide support, I have built up a strong following on social media, I have started my project 'Hearts from Poppy' which is now in 3 maternity bereavement suites and most recently I have published a book, 'Baby Loss and Grief Journal' which helps bereaved parents use writing to navigate their grief.
Everything I do is in memory of Poppy and building her 'Legacy of Love'.
My passion is supporting bereaved families and raising awareness of Baby Loss. I have reached a point where I would love to further expand 'My Poppy Rose'. To do this I need to dedicate more time and resources into what I do.
- To reach more families
- To get Poppy's Hearts into more maternity bereavement suites
- To buy resources which will make the production of Poppy's Hearts more efficient
- To professionally print the cards within the heart sets
- To have enough funds so I am able to keep parents sponsorship of hearts to a minimum
- To have the time and space to regularly produce support posts on my blog
- To produce videos for maternity units on various subjects of baby loss and care from a bereaved mothers perspective (this has already been requested from a bereavement midwife)
- To produce more books to support babyloss families
- To have everything free at source for bereaved families (aside from books)
- Everything I do is from my personal experience as a babyloss mummy, I would like to do additional training in grief and Bereavement etc.
I feel the time has come for me to evolve 'My Poppy Rose' into a business so that I am able to branch out and support even more families.
Thank you for taking the time to read my story and I appreciate every bit of support.