After drought, fire, torrential rain and Covid-19, the iconic Blue Mountains world heritage environment is now under threat again!
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) wants to damage irreparably Australia’s most-visited natural tourist destination by turning it into a GIANT TRUCKING CORRIDOR . This will open the Blue Mountains to 30-metre trucks driving through all our mountain villages.
TfNSW appears determined to proceed with this project as soon as possible, so we must work fast to get the correct information to as many people as we can. Please send this to your friends and acquaintances.
All funds raised will be used to stop this project with media campaigns and advertising.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
• huge vehicles travelling through 6 school zones, village shopping areas and frequently changing speed zones
• loss of homes in Medlow Bath, Blackheath and Mount Victoria.
• loss of local heritage, history, and businesses
• threat to the tourist economy of the Blue Mountains
• massive vehicles sharing our road, risking our safety
• more noise and traffic fumes
• dramatic increase in greenhouse gas emissions
• $2.5 billion of tax payers’ money wasted
And all this, TfNSW tells us, will save 10 minutes driving time!!!
We, The Blackheath Highway Action Group, are determined to stop this. We
deserve so much better than a short term, band-aid solution.
WHAT WE WANT:
• long-term, sustainable solutions fordelivering freight to the Central West
• a carbon neutral solution
• increased freight on rail
• no loss of homes, businesses or heritage.
• no destruction to our spectacular, world renowned environment
• preservation of the Blue Mountains tourist economy
Blackheath Highway Action Group webpage
Blackheath Highway Action Group Facebook page