We are in the worst Housing Crisis in American history due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. People are being evicted from their homes even when we have Local, State, and Federal Eviction Moratoriums in place.
Many tenants are still receiving eviction notices and are at risk of becoming homeless because they don't know their rights under these Moratoriums.
Landlords are using illegal tactics that violate the law and rights of these Tenants because they know many are unaware of the protections available.
Sources say that 60% of people who are served eviction notices don't go to court to defend themselves because they lack the knowledge and expertise to do so.
Even though there are local and state Legal Assistance Services, these organizations are overwhelmed and understaffed. Tenants may lack internet access, equipment, and general resources required to act in a timely manner.
Fortunately, the CDC has ordered a Temporary Halt on Evictions until December 31st, 2020. This ban is not automatic. Tenants need to be aware of the 'Declaration' needed and the required action to invoke it's protection.
Many At-Risk Tenants are not aware of this Order or how to use it to protect themselves and their families.
Even worse, landlords are still serving eviction notices despite the CDC Order. This effort is to exploit the Tenants lack of knowledge and invocation of the Order
We are The National Tenants Information and Awareness Network.
What we do is provide Tenants who are at risk of eviction with:
- Information on Local, State, and Federal Eviction bans that are designed to keep Tenants safe in their homes during this Pandemic.
- Access to Online Services that assist Tenants in filing timely responses to Eviction notices.
- Guidance to the best action to keep themselves and their families safe during this Health Crisis.
- Knowledge of the CDC Temporary Halt on Evictions and required steps to invoke it's protection.
- Referrals to Local and State Eviction information and processes in self- representation (Pro Se) matters.
- Providing information on Local, State, and Federal Rent Relief Programs. These benefit programs help both the renter and landlord in reaching financial solutions in dispute.
- Strategies in acquiring and utilizing Legal Counsel to provide necessary advise and services in Housing and Tenant Law.
We have initiated a National Awareness Campaign to inform individuals who are at risk of eviction and homelessness of their rights and the protections available to them.
Your donation will help us in acquiring the proper resources, additional staff, and crucial necessities to continue to provide this information and assistance to At-Risk Tenants and their families.
"Through Information, Education, and Outreach, we can empower Tenants with the knowledge and ability to maintain safe, secure, and stable Housing in these unprecedented times"
- National Tenants Information and Awareness Network.
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters
Las Vegas, NV