The New Palestine High School Band has been selected by Eric Whitacre to commission and perform his new arrangement of The Star Spangled Banner in May of 2018. This World Premier will be at the dedication of the Sugar Creek Veteran’s Memorial in New Palestine.
Grammy-winning composer & conductor Eric Whitacre is one of the most popular composers of his generation. His concert music has been performed throughout the world by millions of amateur and professional musicians alike, while his ground-breaking Virtual Choirs have united singers from over 110 different countries...
In order to obtain the rights to perform this new arrangement, the New Palestine Band program needs to raise $5,000 by December 1st. As Lead Commissioner, “New Palestine HS Band” will be displayed on all publications of the score worldwide. The original “handwritten” copy of the musical score will be put on display at New Palestine High School, and as a thank you for your support, we will recognize our sponsors on this plaque as well.
• GOLD Commissioning Sponsors - $1,000
* Name on plaque placed next to the Original Copy of Mr. Whitacre’s arrangement of The Star Spangled Banner and recognition in the Concert Band’s 2018 Spring Concert
• SILVER Commissioning Sponsors - $500
* Honorable mention at Concert Band’s 2018 Spring Concert
• Band Families Sponsors - $100
* This includes current and former Band members/families. Name on plaque placed next to the Original Copy of Mr. Whitacre’s arrangement of The Star Spangled Banner and recognition in the Concert Band’s 2018 Spring Concert
• Other Donation Amount - $?
* For sponsors who may want to donate an amount not listed above
Checks should be made payable to:
New Palestine Band Boosters
PO Box 600, New Palestine, IN 46163
ATTENTION GOLD & BAND FAMILY SPONSORS:
Please email the following information to Donnie Campbell at [email redacted]
● Sponsor Name:____________________________________
● Plaque Inscription Reads: (Ex. “The Smith Family”) ________________________________________________________
This is to ensure that your Family/Corporation Name appears exactly as you prefer.
ALL proceeds that exceed the stated goal will be applied towards the New Palestine Marching Dragon's Uniform Fundraiser.
DonationsSee top donations
- Hannah Purcell
- Bryan, Kim, Brandon, Justin & Lauren Wiggins
- Perry & Emily Flaugh
- Josh Fullerton
- Miles Hercamp
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more