On June 5th, 1982 at 2pm, at the age of 21, I was in a motorcycle accident that left me paralyzed from the waist down.
After years of being a spectator, I finally came to the conclusion that there was a deeper purpose for why I did not died on that day.
It was not to be a passenger of life, but rather to work to prevent future generations from living with spinal cord injuries.
A life dictated by 2 wheels in a seated position is not a way to live in a world, where the footprint of ones life, leaves its footprints in this world.
For 10 years, I bring awareness to the real consequences, health, social living conditions with para/quadriplegia.
I'm the only complete paraplegic in T12
, accomplishing unique challenges, just with the strength of my upper body, using leg braces and crutches.
In 2011-2012, I crossed my country France, 815 miles in seven months
In 2014, I climbed the Eiffel Tower in Paris, 1665 steps in 9.5 hours
Now in the US, I am going to the top of various Marriott hotels, because to shine a light on something, we have to elevate it.
- August 10th, 2018 Marriott Sand Key, Clearwater FL, 10 floors
- August 25th, 2018 Marriott Waterside, Tampa FL, 27 floors
- September 8th, 2018 Marriott World Center, Orlando FL, 28 floors
Coming next :
- Marriott Marquis Miami FL, 41 floors
- Marriott Marquis NYC, 45 floors
Over 3 million people worlwide live with spinal cord injuries. Every day, 50 more Americans suffer a spinal cord injury.
In May 2019, I plan to undertake the biggest, wildest and ultimate challenge of all. It will be a journey on foot, crossing the entire country of America, 3355 miles from New York to Los Angeles "The United Steps of America
". Every day I will invite people to walk 1 or 2 or 12 miles with me. I always dream big and the USA is where magic can happen.
But in order for me to continue this great cause, I need your support.
I want my work to be considered as humanitarian work, and not just a sporting event.
Your donations will :
- Allowed me to stay in the US (I need to obtain a 3 year Visa)
- Cover my daily expenses ( I invest my personal funds since 15 months with no income)
- Pay the cost of the travel to climb hotels and buildings across the country
- Find sponsors, partnershipsTogether we can help improve the human condition and build a better future.
"No one is made to spend their entire life sitting in a wheelchair"