He does have oxygen tanks that he is able to use to be mobile, however, he is not able to be out for long periods of time and cannot complete simple tasks like he use to.
I am creating this GoFundMe for a couple reasons
- He has appointments in Tampa (about 2 hours away) and doesn't have reliable transportation to get there and back. It would be nice to be able to get him something reliable, or pay a proper mechanic to look at his vehicles. (If someone is a mechanic and could help out, that would be great too)
- He has been using his VA check and SSN check to cover mortgages due to tenants taking advantage of the situation.
- He is getting care from the VA, would prefer to be able to get him to a cancer center.
- He looked up a device that is lightweight and portable that can generate oxygen, that runs a little over $2,000 which he cannot afford. This would eliminate the need for oxygen bottles and having to have them refilled.
- he is not able to keep up with any maintenance of his house like mowing his grass and general repairs.
I have seen these things (GoFundMe) work well for others, and I am hoping he can get the same type of help. I would love to be able to send him to an actual specialty hospital where he can receive better care but at the very least, I would like to help him with some of the little things mentioned above.
I know not everyone is able to give, which is completely understandable but sharing this is just as good, in most cases, will help more!
If you know my dad, you already know what I am talking about. Thank you in advance.
DonationsSee top donations
- Patricia Jackson
- Mary Anne Mahaffey
- Tom Mahaffey
- Jeanne Lawson
- Constance Logue
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more