Our lease was unexpectedly not renewed due to a pending sale of the building. We were forced to move and seek other facility options. When word got out about our situation, we were approached by the Truckee Meadows Flood Management Authority with a facility on 1.5 acres that is perfect for our programs.
Due to extensive vandalism during its vacancy, the building requires significant renovations to bring it up to code, including electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire and security using licensed contractors. This will cost $132,000. To date, through in kind donations (thank you!) and our club funds, we’ve invested $75,000, which results in a deficit of $57,000. Why?
Your donation towards this renovation means we can continue to support the experiential education of our local youth through the following programs:
• teach bicycling and pedestrian safety through clubs, camps and clinics
• donate 1000+ bikes and helmets annually to youth and young adults
• support service leadership programs for middle school, high school, college, and adults with disabilities
• provide outreach activities for numerous community groups
• and moreSome of our community partners include:
• Boys and Girls Club
• Big Brothers Big Sisters
• Washoe County School District (Service Leadership and donating bikes)
• Reno Parks and Rec (Veterans and Summer Camps)
For more info, visit our website: http://www.kiwanisbikes.org.
For updates, visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SparksKiwanis/