This fall the South Colby PTSO is continuing our successful Direct Giving Campaign. Rather than asking students and families to sell gift wrap, magazines, chocolate and other items from a catalog, we are asking families to simply donate directly to the PTSO. Our goal this year is to raise $10,000.
Here are the benefits vs. a traditional catalog sale:
- It's safer! We aren't sending our kids out with a catalog to sell things door to door. Instead we ask our closest family and friends to donate to our amazing little school.
- You absolutely spend less and give more to South Colby. 100% of your contribution will come directly to South Colby, instead of half (or more!) to the fundraising companies.
- No student left behind! All of our students are rewarded equally as we hit our school wide goals.
- South Colby PTSO is an IRS designated 501c3 organization. That means that depending on how you file your taxes, your donation can count as a “charitable contribution!”
How is your money used? The PTSO funds raised support these endeavors:
- Curriculum Support through additional textbooks and science kit supplies
- Technology Specialist – this position is fully funded by PTSO monies
- Computer lab – all computers purchased and entirely supported by PTSO funding
- Back to School celebration and Kindergarten “Tissues & Treats” welcome for Parents
- Smartboards, digital cameras, and other classroom technology
- Movie Nights
- WATCH D.O.G.S.
- Field Day
- Fifth Grade Celebration
- Staff Appreciation
- Scholarships for Summer School
- Teacher supplies
- Annual Auction
- Playground equipment
- Conference week camp
- Science Fair
- Free Popcorn on special days
- Family fun and movie nights
- Musical instruments
- Kindergarten pumpkins and 100 day supplies
Prizes and Surprises
- When the $3000 mark is reached: We will give every student candy alongside their Friday popcorn. (Every student will receive popcorn this Friday)
- When the $6,000 mark is reached: The entire school will enjoy ice-cream sandwiches after lunch. (We will offer non-dairy options for kids with lactose intolerance)
- When the $9,000 mark is reached: Every class will receive extra recess!
- When we reach our goal of $10,000!!! We will bring out the dance lights and music to celebrate our success with a dance party! We will also declare this day to be a pajama day for our kids and wacky dress up day for their teachers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Why do we fund-raise?
School fundraising has long been something used to provide our children with “extras” like assemblies, field trips, family nights and more. Now, in addition to that, your PTSO funds essential things at South Colby. This list includes the computer lab - all computers, net books, hubs and software were purchased through monies raised by your PTSO. Also funded are key instructors for Art and Technology. Without the money raised in this fundraiser, these programs would not exist in our building. Every dollar raised goes directly towards improving our school.
Can I deduct this donation on my taxes?
South Colby PTSO is a 501(c)3 organization and as such, depending on how you file, you may be able to deduct 100% of your donation. Our 501(c)3 number available on your receipts or upon request.
Is there a school goal?
Yes, our goal for the Giving Drive this year is to raise at least $10,000. Although, we would love to go above and beyond that goal in order to provide as much as possible for our students.
When is the deadline?
The end date for the Giving Drive is Friday, October 20th.
- Giving Drive Folders
- Giving Drive Folder
- James Evans
- Giving Drive Folders
- Stephanie Voss
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more