Solid Rock Mission is a non-profit organization that strives to help; orphans, single parents, ex-prisoners, the disabled, and other economically depressed people in a community of 5000 in a village of Znamenivka.
Solid Rock Mission provides free (not for profit) activities such as:
- Summer Bible camps for children in the local community and surrounding area in the oblast
- Weekly(2x) Bible studies and Sunday services (individual Bible study when requested)
- Provide humanitarian aid such as: food, clothing, shoes, medical assistance
- Visitation of disabled
- Seminars to the public on healthy lifestyle (abstinence of drugs and alcohol)
- Christmas gifts to the community
- Organize local athletic events such as, but not limited to: ping pong, soccer and volleyball tournaments, Play days for younger children; exercise fitness activities for youth
- Organize local events, such as: "We Got Talent", where locals come and participate in talent contests to win prizes; annual Thanksgiving party for the community; musical concerts for local and surrounding communities
- Service to the community such as: trash collection, cleaning houses of the elderly and disabled, yard work and preparing soil for gardens, chopping wood for winter
- Occasionally provides child care for single parent families so that parents may go to appointments, the hospital and errands.
- Provide a "˜Kids Club' which provides an avenue or local children to develop their talents, art, music, drama, crafts, educational tutoring and family friendly movies/cartoons (families are encouraged to participate)
- Mentoring program for older teens and young adults teaching life skills, healthy choices, educational goals, sexual purity (covering STD's, AIDS, abortion, pregnancy) awareness of the consequences of poor life choices; in addition to encouraging respect to elders, Biblical morals and principals.
Future Goals such as:
- Build a church including children's center for the local community, the land has been purchased, the architecture project has been created and enough lumber has been purchased for the building and the playground.
Currently we are in need of finances to start building the foundation this spring.
- Encourage increased community participation in the children's center and church activities
- Mobile medical clinic
- Branch out to other local communities to incorporate similar activities that SRM is providing in their current location
- If allowed, Solid Rock Mission would like to present their mission purpose and process to other European countries.
Solid Rock Mission strives to promote public benefit through their programs and process to encourage, healthy choices to promote moral living, enhance child welfare, provide community enhancements and build cohesiveness through their programs. There are NO such programs in the community that Solid Rock Mission is established in, and none to be provided if the future in the event that Solid Rock Mission dissolves. So we ask for your financial support and prayer that God will continue to bless this ministry and as a result more people can come to Christ.
DonationsSee top donations
- Inna Kolomeyets
- Vitaliy Galenko
- Sergey firsov
- Sergey firsov
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more