My husband is currently in the US NAVY but has made the decision to switch over to the US ARMY to make a better future for our family. He will be leaving within the next month and will be gone for close to a year for training. With the big switch to Army, my husband being gone for so long, me being pregnant and not being able to work anymore, and also our mortage being increased, we are financially struggling to keep our house. We made the decision to sell our house and move me and Maverick home to California so that i can be close to family and get the support I need for when we bring home the twins.
I had a plane ticket home August 16th but unforunately 3 days ago one of the twins' water broke and I have been admitted into the hospital on bed rest for the next 12 weeks. Everything changed. The doctors are doing everything they can to prevent infection and keep me pregnant as long as possible but unfortunately we don't have a say on when the twins will arrive, all we can do is hope and pray for the best.
It was very hard for us to make the decision to ask for financial help even though Navy medicine is at no cost to us it still causes a huge financial burden with traveling to and from the hosptial, as we live 45 minutes away. We have extra food expenses and lodging because we are selling our house. Small expenses that add up quickly that aren't normally in our budget.
Any amount of money or even just support would help and we would appreciate if you share this with your friends and family to help out our family and a service member in need.
Thank you with everything we have for taking the time to read and share our story.
The Slade Family
- Denae Robins
- Jessica Ingrassia
- Francesca Orvis
- Hunter Vargo
- Anonymous Anonymous
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more