I AM A NURSE - YOUTUBE VIDEO
INTRODUCTION: So much has been written about COVID-19. I’ll mention it, but I’m more concerned with those nurses who still bring themselves to work every day despite it. Do they come tired? Yes. Are they working longer hours? Sure. Are they afraid? Of course, they are!
And when given a box of candy, flower bouquet or pizza for lunch, it’s nice, and it’s appreciated. But, what really keeps a nurse motivated is your acknowledgment that what they’re doing makes a difference and is appreciated!
What makes nurses healthcare combatants? They use their scientific minds, coupled with the passion they feel about a duty that brings them to a hospital or clinic every day.
Anyone who has ever loved a nurse knows exactly what I mean. Nurses are the ones who walk the darkened hallways in the middle of the night while everyone sleeps.
Nurses are the ones who arise in the dark of morning, put on their scrubs, grab a to-go cup of coffee to sustain themselves for a full day ahead of medications, doctors, deadlines, and anxious families.
Nurses see people at their worst, sick, hurt, and in pain; they do their best to relieve suffering, physical and emotional, wherever they find it.
Nurses are also the ones with a knack for quieting a crying toddler, soothing a seriously ill patient’s fear, and opening a difficult conversation about the ‘what if’s’ of a disease or injury. Sometimes that reassuring voice or a gentle touch of a trusted nurse can be more therapeutic than procedures and medications they receive.
So, if you have a nurse in your life or have known the gentle, efficient care of a nurse, or even if you haven’t, now is the perfect time to accept my "See a Nurse? Thank a Nurse! Challenge" and make your nurse-thanking statement to our country and it’s 3.8+ million unsung hero nurses - a statement saying: “We trust you. We care for you. We need you. We have your back.”
- I'm Pamela Jane Nye and I'm a nurse!
• The Mission: With your help, my/your/our mission is to, at minimum, recruit at least one public "See a Nurse? Thank a Nurse!" Challenge-acceptor for every one of these 3.8+ million nurses!
• Accepting the See a Nurse? Thank a Nurse! Challenge:
1. When you see a nurse, just say “thank you” and enjoy their reaction! Then,
2. Share what you did with two family members, friends, or co-workers and invite them to accept the "See a Nurse? Thanka Nurse! Challenge." And then,
3. Enjoy and appreciate you're making a difference to very appreciative nurses - the unsung heroes of healthcare! And then,
4. Expand your “thank you” to include America’s 3.8+ million nurses with an optional $1 GoFundMe donation in support of "tuition-free" continuing nurse education and advanced nursing education scholarships. And then,
5. Include your name, city, and state on Operation Scrubs' “I Thanked a Nurse” REGISTRY.
Below is the minimum tuition-free continuing nurse education and advanced nursing scholarship investment. Can you contribute more? Of course! But regardless of the amount, the cumulative number of nurse-thanking supporters is itself, a wonderful statement to America's 3.8+ million nurses.
$ Nurse education investment minimum is $1. Value: Priceless!
Note: The $1 donation, albeit PayPal, credit, or debit card. It's also a control that deters or prevents robots and inappropriate postings.
• Disclosures: Click Pamela Jane Nye, to see my work history profile and personal bio. I’m an Iowa born and raised USA citizen who retired in 2019 from a three-decade nursing career as UCLA Medical Center's Clinical Nurse Specialist, Stroke Coordinator, and nurse education provider.
Today, I'm still an Associate Professor at the UCLA School of Nursing. I’m also the CEO/Board Chair of Operation Scrubs, Inc., an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit/tax-exempt charitable organization (EIN #84-2089186), and it's Executive Director of the Operation Scrubs Annual Nurse Education Symposium, “Thank You” Nurse Recognition and Webcast programs.
If more information is desired, type the words – Pamela Jane Nye Nurse – into your Google, Google News, Bing, Yahoo, or most any major internet search engine. Also see In the News or Media Buzz pages of the Operation Scrubs website, the 3/19/2020 EIN Newswire release, and this YouTube video.
• (*) FOLLOW THE MONEY:
√ 100% of audited net revenue supports "tuition-free" continuing nurse education and advanced nursing education scholarships.
√ Your GoFund Me contribution is an acknowledgment of your contribution.
√ GoFundMe sends your contributions directly to the Pamela Jane Nye Continuing Nurse Education and Scholarship Fund.
√ Click this link to confirm/view IRS letter approving Operation Scrubs, Inc.'s 501(c)(3) nonprofit/tax-exempt status. For additional information please contact Operation Scrubs at 800.627.6156, Ext. 802
Note: For tax-related matters, consult with your accountant or tax advisor for assistance.
• NOTE: WITH OPERATION SCRUBS, INC. ACQUIRING IT'S IRS 501(C)(3) CHARITABLE DESIGNATION APPROVAL, THIS GO FUND ME PAGE IS MOVING TO ACCOMMODATE ANTICIPATED TRAFFICE INCREASE DUE, IN PART, TO THE "SEE A NURSE? THANK A NURSE TEAM CHALLENGE" EVENT.
- Cecilia Rokusek
- Suzanne Geimer
- Linda Bousquet
- Todd Gharibian