A group of volunteers is working to save the dogs at risk for euthanasia and improving dogs lives at Austin Animal Center and around Austin, Texas.
When we receive the list of dogs each week, we work hard to find adopters, fosters, or rescue placements for each dog before their time runs out.
This fundraiser will be constantly updated with information on exactly what the funds are being raised for. We will be transparent with all donors on how funds are used through frequent updates, as well as the goal update of the dogs being safe.
See the full statuses of the dogs here or follow our Instagram @rescueatxdogs.
Ways to Donate:
- If you would like to donate without the fee that gofundme takes, feel free to use one of the payment methods through the rescue managed by one of the volunteers leading this initiative, add a note that specifies 'for AAC dogs' in the donation.
See the updates section or visit our website for the latest on the dogs saved due to your contributions.
- $30 x day x dog in board and train.
- Funds for volunteers to facilitate transport to out-of-state rescues which includes paying for a professional transport service or volunteers transporting ourselves ($500-$1,500)
- Support to fosters or adopters that we find to save the dogs from euthanasia to cover things that are typically covered through the shelter to set the dog up for success (medical costs, crates, gates, enrichment).
- $150 per dog that cannot be saved before their deadline, for a 'special final' day, where a third party to conduct the euthanasia and cremation outside of the shelter so volunteers can take the dogs to have a final meal, receive extra love, and playtime before being laid to rest in a field of grass.
- When a dog has a bite reported or a behavior concern, they are placed in isolation at the shelter. This entails not leaving their kennels for weeks/months at a time- defecating in their kennels, not getting human or dog interactions, and not getting a chance to smell the outdoors. Funds will also be used to purchase items for the dogs in isolation including benebones, high quality chews, kongs, and more.