Help repair the Poltimore FairHall!

la traduction française suivra...


HELP !! URGENT !!! WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT !!!


 
As you may or may not know, our hall was closed down by the MRC right before we had our fair this year. It was closed because we have some fire code items that were long overdue.

In the weeks following the fair, we had meetings with the municipality and it was agreed that once the fire code items were taken care of, we would be able to open the hall back up for the public. We will also be having engineer and architect inspections done.

HOWEVER, our hall is desperately overdue for some repairs. During the winter, it costs at least $1000 a month just in oil to heat the building (which is only kept at 10 degrees just to keep the pipes from freezing). Our roof has also been leaking which in turn has been showing on our ceilings and walls in our hall. This will be very costly for us to be paying for. We are applying for a Quebec government grant to fund these repairs which will cover 80% of the costs, but we will have to come up with the remaining 20% of the costs. This is a great opportunity for us to be able to get these changes done as we would not be able to afford the entire cost without support. The repairs are:
      *Replace the entire roof and insulate
      *Insulate all the exterior walls
      *Main interior Hall drywall complete ceiling, patch
walls preparing the hall to painting (volunteers will be
      *painting to save money)
      *Repair foundation and slab on front addition
(coatroom) as it is crumbling
      *Replace all windows and exterior doors

This is why we are asking our community for help. We need help paying for these repairs. If you have ever been in our hall for our many events throughout the years, you already know that this hall needs a little bit of loving attention. Thank you so much for your support. Our community is so important to us.

----------------------------------------------------------

Comme vous l'avez peut-être remarqué, notre salle a été fermée (condamnée)par la MRC des Collines. Cette fermeture a eu lieu quelques jours avant la tenue de notre foire, le 12 et 13 août 2017 dernier. La raison de cette intervention était en lien avec des infractions au code national des incendies qui n’ont pas pu être améliorées avant l’échéancier émis par la MRC.

C’est alors que, lors des rencontres qui ont suivis la foire, nous avons rencontré les membres de la municipalité de Val-des-Monts. Ces derniers ont convenu que : lorsque les infractions en lien avec le code national des incendies auront été réparées /modifiées, nous pourrions rouvrir notre salle à la population.

Les dépenses en lien avec le maintien et les réparations de la salle sont élevées. D’abord, nous devons chauffer (à un minimum de 10 degrés Celsius) l’édifice au pétrole pour empêcher la plomberie de se geler. Cette mesure crée une dépense de 1000$ par mois. Aussi, nous devrons réparer le toit, le plafond, installer les murs de gypse, réparer la fondation, installer l’isolation, construire les cloisons, changer les fenêtres, réparer l’entrée du bâtiment (vestiaire), remplacer les portes extérieures, etc… Les bénévoles peindront l’immeuble une fois les rénovations terminées. Finalement, nous devrons faire inspecter le bâtiment par un ingénieur et un architecte puisque le bâtiment a grandement besoin de réparations.

Pour nous aider, nous demandons une subvention du gouvernement du Québec pour financer ces réparations qui supporteront jusqu’à 80% des coûts. Ceci est une opportunité pour être en mesure de faire les réparations nécessaires puisque nous n’avons pas les ressources pour le faire. Cependant, nous n’avons pas assez de fonds pour payer les 20% du montant qui reste à débourser. C’est alors que nous demandons l’aide de la population.

Ce bâtiment est le cœur de notre communauté, un lieu d’appartenance et de rassemblement important. SVP, donnez généreusement. Merci de nous aider !

Donations ()

  • Mario Eschenhof 
    • $50 
    • 28 mos
  • Carrie & Gary Whipple 
    • $100 
    • 29 mos
  • Julie Piekarski 
    • $50 
    • 29 mos
  • Michel Gauthier 
    • $200 (Offline)
    • 29 mos
  • Knights of Columbus #10038 - St. Pierre de Wakefield 
    • $200 (Offline)
    • 29 mos
See all

Organizer

Tasha Lebel-Cheslock 
Organizer
Val-Des-Monts, QC
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more