Who you will be helping:
I am a single mom of 3 young children. My oldest is an 8-year-old boy, middle child is a 7-year-old girl and the baby boy is 3. I work full time which means long days and never enough time spent with my children.
Your donations will help fund Fire Damage Repairs on the starter home we purchased 2 months ago. We are humbly asking for your assistance to move forward with repairs so that we may move back in.
Additional bad news: our home owner’s insurance was canceled prior to the fire. The insurer requested that we repair/replace siding but I was also unable to afford fulfilling this requirement so soon after closing and not having found a replacement insurer before this fire occurred, I now must find a way to pay for supplies and labor to fix the damage and make our home livable again.
The kids and I lost everything in this house from our clothes and their toys to major appliances.
Thankfully, we were not home and no one was hurt in the fire. Another reason to be thankful, the house remains structurally sound due to the swift actions of an unknown neighbor and good Samaritan who called in the local fire department.
There are so many items that require replacement, installation and repair. What we need:
· One external wall needs to be rebuilt (this wall has asbestos siding.)
· New insulation and drywall throughout
· Flooring throughout our home (1400 sq ft) tile or wood (kids have allergies)
· Front door – rough opening is 81 1/2 H x 38 1/8 W
· Rear door (double) – rough opening is 80 1/2 H x 74 3/4 W
· Closet doors
- 81 1/2 H x 46 3/4 W
- 81 1/2 H x 59 1/3 W
- 81 1/2 H x 47 3/8 W
- 81 1/2 H x 47 3/8 W
- 81 3/4 H x 59 3/8 W
- 81 3/4 H x 58 5/8 W
· Interior doors (3 bedrooms, bathroom, boiler room)
- Three 81 1/4 H x 31 5/8 W
- 81 3/8 H x 26 W
- 81 1/2 H x 31 1/2 W
· Windows – Most windows were blown out by the fire
Rough openings measured in inches
- Two 24 5/8 H x 59 1/4 W
- 46 5/8 H x 114 W (has 3 windows about 35 W ea with two 4 in seperators)
- 35 H x 60 1/4 W
- 98 in x 47 1/8
· Kitchen cabinets
· Plumbing needs to be repaired as well. Baseboard heater in the living room needs to be pulled and replaced
· Kitchen sink and faucet
· Light fixtures, switches and outlets throughout
This damage is extensive and the requirements to return to our home seem insurmountable but I believe that we will receive assistance from kind and caring individuals who are able to donate what they are able.
The kids and I thank you in advance from the bottom of our hearts for any and all assistance that you, quite possibly strangers to our lives, provide for us, whether it is monetary donations, building supplies, working appliances or your skilled labor.
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more