North Herts District Council (NHDC) has prepared the North Herts Local Plan (NHLP), which proposes to increase housing numbers by 25% in the next 15 years.
• 16,000 new homes will be built
• 82% of these homes will be built in our Green Belt
• 87% of the proposed development land is in our Green Belt
98% of those responding to NHDC’s public consultation on their draft Local Plan objected to it.
Save Our Green Belt in North Herts is a voluntary organisation, formed by a number of action groups across North Hertfordshire. Our purpose is to provide a focal point for all groups and individuals across North Herts who would like to oppose the NHLP, and to co-ordinate the proper means to do so.
Our aim is to present the strongest possible case against NHDC when their Plan comes before the appointed Inspector for Examination In Public.
In order to do so, we will need to :
• Engage and receive expert legal advice on the consequences of the Plan
• Retain a highly respected, specialist planning law firm to act for us
• Retain a suitably experienced barrister to represent us at inspection
• Develop a strategy to oppose the NHDC Plan at the Examination In Public, in Autumn 2017.
We estimate that to take the fight to NHDC at the inspection, the costs of our legal team and experts will approach £100,000.
Every contribution counts to help us reach this fundraising target and we ask you to assist with whatever you can spare.
Your donation will help greatly with the legal costs of defending rural North Hertfordshire's Green Belt.
Thanks for joining us. Together we can stop this attack on our countryside.
You can follow our progress at :
- FRED GEARING
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more