Helping Australia Settle

It is no secret that Australia is prone to huge wildfires, with bushfire season usually occurring during the dry season (April to September). However, the brushfires of 2019-2020 are much more intense than previous seasons, and have led to irreparable damage, regarded as one of the worst bushfire seasons in living memory.

Over 16,000,000 acres of land has been burnt, and over 2,500 buildings destroyed. Worse than this, 27 people have died, and close to half a billion animals impacted. We have all seen the heart-breaking videos online of koalas and kangaroos with intense burns to their bodies, begging humans for water and aid when, otherwise, they would try their best to avoid human contact. Families are homeless, with no idea where they will be able to sleep next, or have any semblance of normality. Firefighters are risking their lives, making their way into fires in order to save as many people and animals as possible.

Helping Orphans wish to help in any way we can. We want to help save lives. The money raised from this fundraising page will go directly to helping Australia. 80% of these raised funds will go directly to the cause, and a colleague from our charity will travel to the country in order to distribute aid. The other 20% of raised funds will go to our charity’s expenses, such as advertising and marketing, in order to try to really maximise the amount of support we can give to such a terrifying cause.

Donations

No donations yet. Be the first to help.

Organizer

Helping Orphans 
Organizer
Leicester, East Midlands, United Kingdom
HELPING ORPHANS 
Registered nonprofit
Donations eligible for Gift Aid.
Learn more
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more