Sarah & Charlie Gilbert House Fire

On October 25th, Sarah and Charlie Gilbert had an electrical fire in their newly rennovated home in Murfreesboro TN.   They had been in the house only a few nights when the fire broke out as they were just getting into bed.  Charlies quick thinking, and the fast work of the fire department saved the house from being completely destroyed. They are safe and living in a hotel for a couple months while cleanup and repairs begin. They put every dollar they had saved, and then some, into this house and I helped as much as I was able. The insurance company is taking care of most of the repairs but is now requesting two additional things be done to continue their insurance coverage in the future.  They are asking Sarah and Charlie to replace the shingles on the roof and also to tear down the old barn beside the house.   Sarah and Charlie were hesitant about me starting this Go Fund Me campaign, but daddy overruled.  I really want to help lift some of this burden from them so they can concentrate on themselves and the repairs. Thank you for your prayers and support.
  • Erin Palermo 
    • $50 
    • 46 mos
  • Sharon Hull 
    • $100 
    • 46 mos
  • Heather Boise 
    • $25 
    • 46 mos
  • Teresa Erby 
    • $25 
    • 46 mos
  • Gary Edwards 
    • $50 
    • 46 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Rob Kidney 
Organizer
Warner Robins, GA
Sarah Gilbert 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more