Devastated for their community and proud to be a Santa Cruz based company since 2011, LIFEAID is collecting and distributing supplies, funds, and resources for the immediate needs of those who have been affected by or are still battling the local wildfires.
100% of funds & supplies collected will be distributed directly to those in need: Local firefighters, displaced families & wildlife rescue efforts. (Supply list included below.)
Evacuation centers in the area are in desperate need of the following items:
- New clothing, the basics (assorted sizes)
- Underwear & socks (new, in package)
- Toiletries (sample-size)
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer & face masks
- Pillows & bedding (sleeping bags/sleeping pads)
- Clean towels
- Plastic tarps
- Family-size tents
- Large plastic storage bins
- Backpacks or luggage
- Pet carriers
- AA batteries
- Reusable water bottles
- Empty spray bottles
- Children's games, books & coloring books
- Canned goods, snack-size & non-perishable food items
- Ground coffee
- Granola/energy bars
LIFEAID team members are driving all donated supplies directly to multiple locations throughout the city, to help triage the emergency supply item needs as they are requested. (Over a dozen LIFEAID team members have volunteered to help assist with donated supply drop-offs locally.)
DONATION STATUS UPDATE (as of Monday, Aug. 31):
• Thanks to all of your generous donations of goods, the Santa Cruz Fire Aid has currently completed over 60 drop-offs of supplies & essentials to areas in and surrounding Santa Cruz (including fire & police stations, evacuation centers and animal shelters/rescues).
• More than 10,000 cans of FITAID has been dropped off for firefighters and evacuees at locations all over Santa Cruz County.
• This amazing community has raised over $15,000 so far (which goes directly to evacuee support & wildfire relief efforts).
• A special THANK YOU to all of the brands who have generously donated additional dry goods, water, essentials & much-needed supplies to be distributed, including: Caffeine & Kilos, Chomps, CrossFit One World, Fantasy Cookie, Flow Water, Olipop, Pamela's Cookies, Rolo Roast, Tosi, and Zola
FURTHER INQUIRIES ABOUT HOW TO HELP?
Please email us at: TEAM at LIFEAIDBEVCO dot COM
ABOUT THE SANTA CRUZ FIRE:
Wildfires which broke out in the Santa Cruz mountains after a record-breaking number of lightning strikes this past Monday (Aug. 17, 2020) have now more than tripled in size, spreading to over 77,000 acres. The fires are only 13% contained (updated as of Monday, Aug. 24).
More than 200 structures have already been destroyed by the CZU August Lightning Complex Fire, while over 25,000 structures are still at risk. That number only continues to rise as San Mateo & Santa Cruz County residents are experiencing ongoing widespread mandatory evacuation notices.
The LIFEAID team's hearts go out to those affected by the wildfires, and we are eager to help support the needs of those who have been relocated, evacuated, or are fighting diligently to save our loved ones, homes and land.
- Eric Sesta
- Gina Loiacono
- Jeannie Gorman
- Joseph Mechlinski