Rusty James Fire Relief


As most of you have probably heard by now there was a terrible fire in West Bolton, Quebec, Canada last night. The building was the rented residence of the mother and sister of our dear friend Rusty James.  Their home burnt to the ground and they have lost everything.  

Unfortunately Rusty's mother suffered smoke inhalation and because she underwent heart surgery 9 days ago the doctors have had to induce her into a coma to prevent coughing which would damage the stitches she has from surgery.

I have spoken to Rusty several times since yesterday and he needs our help. Clothing and household items will be needed but he respectfully asks that donations of the sort are held off on for the time being as he has not had a chance to address what the immediate needs are and he doesn't currently  have anywhere to store them.

Funds are being withdrawn by Rusty himself so his mother and sister can purchase household items, food, clothing, furniture and more that they need to set up their new home. 

Thank you for your generosity in this very difficult time for their family.
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 48 mos
  • Caitlin & Christine Wierenga 
    • $100 
    • 49 mos
  • Cheryl Galbraith 
    • $30 
    • 49 mos
  • Megan Sheremata 
    • $25 
    • 49 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 49 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Jennifer Ruggins Muir 
Brome, QC
Rusty James 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more